Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fenerbahce are showing an interest in Brighton forward Jurgen Locadia.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
What a ridiculous thing to say. We haven't even given the guy a chance to see what he can do so why would would we sell and take a punt on someone else.......I suppose that's JCL for you!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Not a JCL - 40yrs going! - i didnt say he was useless - rather get our money back as its a huge investment and i would rather spend 15m on someone else - cant see him settling in

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
Not a JCL - 40yrs going! - i didnt say he was useless - rather get our money back as its a huge investment and i would rather spend 15m on someone else - cant see him settling in
Was joking about the JLC bit, got a good bite though! [emoji16]. I don't think TB is into short term investments and I'll refer you to post #40 for my other thoughts.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Why can't you see him settling in? He's already shown a few decent glimpses of what kind of player he is, I'm looking forward a fully fit Locadia

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Why can't you see him settling in? He's already shown a few decent glimpses of what kind of player he is, I'm looking forward a fully fit Locadia

Out of interest what glimpses have you seen that suggest he WILL fit in?

For the other side of the argument, I'd offer:

1. His playing style suggests he'll struggle to fit into the 4-4-1-1 formation, that the Albion very, very rarely stray from. He doesn't look to be strong enough aerially, or good enough at protecting the ball, to be the '1' at the top, nor creative enough to be the '1' behind. We've tried him out wide, and he hasn't yet impressed there.

2. His work ethic, on the limited evidence so far, does not look a fit with the rest of the squad. Hughton will not accept a wide forward gazing into space while 'his' full back, jogs past him to join an opposition attack, and nor will his team-mates.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Let me use Izquierdo as an example again. For the first 20 games of the season, he only managed 6 starts, as opposed to 18 starts after Christmas. Players from abroad take time to settle and get to grips with the English game and Chris always eases them in slowly. Locadia was still recovering from a 2 month layoff so to expect him to hit the ground running is very nieve. No one know if Chris rates him or not, but one thing for sure, it's too early to off load him and start the whole process again.

You make a fair point. I'm just concerned that we signed a player which looked like he was brought in to help us not get relegated and he wasn't played. I'd be surprised if Bloom/CH wanted to spend that much money on someone they weren't intending on using until the following season, especially with the uncertainty we had of saying up at the time and the need for a striker.

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
I've got a strong feeling that Locadia is going to be an integral part of our success next season.

1) He came to us in January injured, and took a good few weeks for him to recuperate.

2) His return to match fitness coincided with us hitting form

3) Hughton *never* likes to throw in players before they adapt to our style of play (look how long it took Izqueirdo to win a regular starting position in the squad - and he joined towards the end of the summer transfer window)

4) Locadia will have had a full pre-season with us this year

5) Winstanley and his team have made very few mistakes thus far.

People need to be a little patient here. I am confident that there is a lot more to come from the player. To sell him now would be sheer madness - to loan him would be incredulous.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He was crocked the same weekend as we lost to Huddersfield - a bad one for the albion, and I reckon that stopped him arriving on Jan 1st fit and ready to go.

I assume the coach at Fenebache is the same one he was happy to wave goodbye to when he joined the albion ?

This all sounds like nonsense speculation, really.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I would take 10 million right now for him. Quite obvious a dud

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I've got a strong feeling that Locadia is going to be an integral part of our success next season.

1) He came to us in January injured, and took a good few weeks for him to recuperate.

2) His return to match fitness coincided with us hitting form

3) Hughton *never* likes to throw in players before they adapt to our style of play (look how long it took Izqueirdo to win a regular starting position in the squad - and he joined towards the end of the summer transfer window)

4) Locadia will have had a full pre-season with us this year

5) Winstanley and his team have made very few mistakes thus far.

People need to be a little patient here. I am confident that there is a lot more to come from the player. To sell him now would be sheer madness - to loan him would be incredulous.

Nailed it. FFS let’s see what he’s like after a full pre-season, injury free and a run of games. Position up top will be between him and Andone this season.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
To be fair to him. 6 appearances 1 goal. Over a season that would equate to about 6 or 7 goals.

It would only take a slight improvement to get him into double figures.

I've seen nothing yet to suggest he is going to be smashing them in but its impossible to write him off yet.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here