Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fenerbahce are showing an interest in Brighton forward Jurgen Locadia.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
I'd be surprised if CH and Bloom wanted to make their record transfer fee a bit part player. Terrible transfer business if so.

So maybe they are looking to speed up the attack during the summer, change something up. We cant rely on Murray all season, we got lucky last season with his goal scoring form.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So maybe they are looking to speed up the attack during the summer, change something up. We cant rely on Murray all season, we got lucky last season with his goal scoring form.

I was thinking this through the other day. We need to be better at how we attack on the break from pressurised positions. That relies upon skill, good ball retention, less 'panic' when clearing and of course pace to stretch the opposition.

As an aside, I hope we practice working the ball out from pressure situations, as we need to have a clear plan, rather than just clear the ball anywhere.

Locadia / Andone both offer pace.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
I was thinking this through the other day. We need to be better at how we attack on the break from pressurised positions. That relies upon skill, good ball retention, less 'panic' when clearing and of course pace to stretch the opposition.

As an aside, I hope we practice working the ball out from pressure situations, as we need to have a clear plan, rather than just clear the ball anywhere.

I agree, alot of the times last season we where to slow on the break and the movement up front was to slow to trouble defences.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.

We need pace in the middle and at the back the most. Duffy often gets caught out when against pacey centre-forwards, maybe our new Nigerian centre-back might be the answer to that problem?

In the middle, we need a midfielder who's quick at closing down the opposition and not allowing them to relax on the ball. Someone who breaks up the rhythm of the opposition.

Upfront, we need someone with a good touch, strong in the air and bullies defenders with his back to goal. Pace isn't necessarily the key attribute for a striker playing our system. Bobby Zamora in his peak would be the ideal striker.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Plus pace up front would push the opposition defence back and stop their midfield from comfortably playing in our half.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Plus pace up front would push the opposition defence back and stop their midfield from comfortably playing in our half.

Which brings me onto another of my thoughts about 'how football is always done'. I wonder what would happen if a team decided to leave 3 or 4 players up front whilst defending a corner. Or take it to the extreme, leave on 1 or 2 players back. How would this affect the opposition - would the need to cover each player negate the oppositions attacking threat? I guess it's a risky theory to test in the Premier League!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Which brings me onto another of my thoughts about 'how football is always done'. I wonder what would happen if a team decided to leave 3 or 4 players up front whilst defending a corner. Or take it to the extreme, leave on 1 or 2 players back. How would this affect the opposition - would the need to cover each player negate the oppositions attacking threat? I guess it's a risky theory to test in the Premier League!

Every once in a while I like a good 'mix it all up' question.
I think my last one was 'why bother having defensive walls?', I usually get laughed off NSC but I do enjoy some good old leftfield thinking.

The taker spends hours practicing with a precise static wall and the defending team replicates that for him during the match. :shrug:

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Every once in a while I like a good 'mix it all up' question.
I think my last one was 'why bother having defensive walls?', I usually get laughed off NSC but I do enjoy some good old leftfield thinking.

The taker spends hours practicing with a precise static wall and the defending team replicates that for him during the match. :shrug:

Or line all the defenders along the goal line

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Bit harsh to call a hat trick on your debut, 45 goals and countless assists in 127 apps for a champions league team - “mediocre” but hey.

Fair comment . Good stats.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Whilst we 'spent a lot at the end of a window', I'd hazard a guess that Winstanley and his crew had been tracking him for many months, if not years. No way it was an end of window panic buy. Needs time to prove one way or the other.
They were tracking him since the end of the summer window, when we tried to get him but PSV weren't selling.

I'm convinced he would have arrived earlier in January if he hadn't been injured on the same weekend we lost at Huddersfield - a bad weekend for the albion all in.

No chance he was a panic buy. Elvis was a panic buy when we couldn't get Callieri. Vincent Jannsen would have been a panic buy. Jurgen was a well researched target.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Being measured up on his first day back (for new shin pads I guess so he MUST be staying !)
1a6d8c3c454c1421e28658f8aec9982c.jpg

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Chubby Chops Locadia before he lost 13 stones

DT7oNz-XcAEdzCZ.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills