Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fenerbahce are showing an interest in Brighton forward Jurgen Locadia.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We have enough outstanding transfer business to still conclude without having to mess about finding a replacement for Locadia as well.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Out of interest what glimpses have you seen that suggest he WILL fit in?

For the other side of the argument, I'd offer:

1. His playing style suggests he'll struggle to fit into the 4-4-1-1 formation, that the Albion very, very rarely stray from. He doesn't look to be strong enough aerially, or good enough at protecting the ball, to be the '1' at the top, nor creative enough to be the '1' behind. We've tried him out wide, and he hasn't yet impressed there.

2. His work ethic, on the limited evidence so far, does not look a fit with the rest of the squad. Hughton will not accept a wide forward gazing into space while 'his' full back, jogs past him to join an opposition attack, and nor will his team-mates.

Too right he won't but Locadia will play his part in Brighton's campaign next season. I know he cost a lot of money but that's where Brighton are now. If we want to compete at this level then even squad players are gonna cost that level of fees. Especially in the forward line. He is apparently equally good with both feet and two footed players are hard to come by.

I think the report is shite and as soon as I saw the ''Self Preservationist Nob-edd'' Damien Comolli mentioned, I totally dismissed the article.

Last edited:

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I gather from a privileged source that JL does not fit the nature of player desired for the squad, in that he has too much ego and attitude, too little hard work ethic, and puts himself before the team, rather than the other way round. He may be good with both feet (not seen it yet) but he is clearly hopeless in the air. Regardless of all that, he doesn’t fit the team ethos and mentality and we are considering offers. Personally, I would crawl over broken glass, giving him a piggyback ride, all the way to Turkey, if it meant we could get just 75% of the fee back, and start again with someone else who DOES fit the bill. Most of our recent signings have been superb, he is a clear exception.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I gather from a privileged source that JL does not fit the nature of player desired for the squad, in that he has too much ego and attitude, too little hard work ethic, and puts himself before the team, rather than the other way round. He may be good with both feet (not seen it yet) but he is clearly hopeless in the air. Regardless of all that, he doesn’t fit the team ethos and mentality and we are considering offers. Personally, I would crawl over broken glass, giving him a piggyback ride, all the way to Turkey, if it meant we could get just 75% of the fee back, and start again with someone else who DOES fit the bill. Most of our recent signings have been superb, he is a clear exception.

And considering you posted this not so long ago:

Jurgen has had a massive bust up with the coaching team.

For me, he looks pretty hopeless in the air, and he is not a backs to goal target man either. So, if he is to lead the line next season, we have to completely change the way we build up our play in the opposition half. Maybe that’s what CH wants to do, with a full summer and pre-season to sort his squad, and practice new shape and final third tactics etc. Maybe not.

All I do know is that Locadia’s current attitude has most definitely not endeared him to the coaching and management team. And only one person can change that.

,It sounds like Locadia is definitely on his way out

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
If they really have made an offer and he goes, it is because we don't fancy him any more, we've had a decent offer and have a replacement lined up. If he stays, it means he's looking sharp and fitting in and the club want to keep him. We win either way.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

Makes sense, although must admit if true to being surprised.

Always been said that we do a lot of homework into a players attitute and background before we look to sign, maybe when he was a big fish in a small pond this issues weren’t so noticeable.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen

Hello Tomer:wave:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Striker recruitment isn't our strong point as we don't like the 'overheated' market.

Can't see us recruiting 2 more this summer, so if Locadia goes it gives a reprieve to at least 1 of Baldock / Hemed.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We have enough outstanding transfer business.

I wouldn't say it's that good, knock off relegated fodder and a bloke not good enough to beat the Argies.
All the while Winstano is contemplating walking around in a desolate circle.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
If they really have made an offer and he goes, it is because we don't fancy him any more, we've had a decent offer and have a replacement lined up. If he stays, it means he's looking sharp and fitting in and the club want to keep him. We win either way.
Sounds likely. He Seemed to be signed with a view to giving us more goals and keeping us up.In reality he played little part in our end of season survival so if his attitude is not right we could afford to move him on.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Striker recruitment isn't our strong point as we don't like the 'overheated' market.

Can't see us recruiting 2 more this summer, so if Locadia goes it gives a reprieve to at least 1 of Baldock / Hemed.
On reflection, I suppose there is always the easy recruitment option of bringing back Leo, so you never know.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Sounds likely. He Seemed to be signed with a view to giving us more goals and keeping us up.In reality he played little part in our end of season survival so if his attitude is not right we could afford to move him on.

I just don't think that CH would have wanted to experiment with line-ups or tactics as we were facing something of a rearguard action even from the time JL recovered fitness (NOT match fitness) !

Perhaps he will come good following a successful pre season and some bonding.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Interesting. I know he was carrying an injury - but how highly does CH really rate him? Was his main function to give Murray a prod (which he did brilliantly)? Certainly no chance of a loan, but if Fenerbache are offering serious money, I wonder how tempted the Albion would be, especially now we've got Andone.

Interesting days, eh?

Hmm; a £17million prod ?
Wow !

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

or we didn't get a good enough offer for him...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here