Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FIFA Rankings

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantani View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Basically, Poland and Switzerland have gamed their rankings by barely playing any friendlies.
    I thought (presumably incorrectly) that when you made over 3 subs in a friendly, that game then didn't count towards the rankings anyway?
    Hold tight, my man
    He's got the frisbee

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by jackalbion View Post
      I would say our approach is better, playing against the big teams, better preparation. Poland smashing Luxembourg 4-0 has prepared them for nothing and they’ve been crap.
      Are Poland's performances have been down to their choice of friendlies, or is their squad ageing or something else? Their qualifying games weren't meaningless, and they did well their.
      Hold tight, my man
      He's got the frisbee

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
      I thought (presumably incorrectly) that when you made over 3 subs in a friendly, that game then didn't count towards the rankings anyway?
      Never heard of that before.

The system's changing next month anyway: http://www.espn.co.uk/football/fifa-...-draw-seedings

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Simster View Post
      I think that's a little harsh on Sweden, who were excellent in that first half. Sure they faced a barrage in the second half but I've seen a lot worse than them. In fact, I reckon they'll beat Mexico and qualify - the gushing over Mexico has started to annoy me, so I really hope this happens.
      Ten men Germany bossed Sweden, even in second half possession. Bizarre second half.

Perhaps one dimensional Sweden couldn't cope with a far superior football team?

0 Not allowed!
      I think the USA managed to get to top 4 in the rankings for a while....crazy.
      I had run 17 miles from Grayshades before the school leopard caught me.....

" Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom "
      Terry Pratchett 1948 – 2015

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by seagulls4ever View Post
      Never heard of that before.

The system's changing next month anyway: http://www.espn.co.uk/football/fifa-...-draw-seedings
      There is also the UEFA nations league starting which will make it a lot harder to manipulate.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
      Are Poland's performances have been down to their choice of friendlies, or is their squad ageing or something else? Their qualifying games weren't meaningless, and they did well their.
      Well you can’t 100% put it down to their friendlies, but they’re seeding does mean they get put in groups as the top seed in qualification, I’d say it probably has an effect. They finished top of a group of Denmark, Montenegro, Romania, Armenia and Kazakhstan, it’s hardly giving them good preparation for teams like Colombia and Senegal. Lots of talk about Lewandowski being the countries all time leading scorer but he has scored 5 of those against Armenia and 6 against Gibraltar.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post
      Ten men Germany bossed Sweden, even in second half possession. Bizarre second half.

Perhaps one dimensional Sweden couldn't cope with a far superior football team?
      Germany had 10 men for about 10 minutes, and by that time Sweden had concentrated on getting the draw. I'd scarcely say that Germany bossed them - Sweden nearly had a winner just seconds before that German free kick.
      Brevis esse laboro, obscurus fio