Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Keep winning or look for the easier knockout games?

What should England do on Thursday

• Win for the momentum

Votes: 141 77.0%
  • Lose for the greater good.

Votes: 42 23.0%

• Total voters

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
2nd it is then...

Although beating Belgium isn’t the worst outcome, I’d be happy if we just did that.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Honestly, i don't think Brazil are that scary.

It's not just Brazil on that side though.....

Win the group route:
Last 16 match against one of Japan, Senegal, Columbia. 1/4 final against Brazil or Mexico. Semi-final against either (France or Argentina) or (Uruguay or Portugal)

Second in group route:
Last 16 match against one of Japan, Senegal, Columbia. 1/4 final against Sweden or Switzerland. Semi-final against either (Spain or Russia) or (Croatia or Denmark)

I know where I want us to finish. And it ain't top.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
1 game at a time.

The next 1 doesn't matter but all focus should be on the last 16 game, or we'll take it for granted and we'll be coming home.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's not just Brazil on that side though.....

Win the group route:
Last 16 match against one of Japan, Senegal, Columbia. 1/4 final against Brazil or Mexico. Semi-final against either (France or Argentina) or (Uruguay or Portugal)

Second in group route:
Last 16 match against one of Japan, Senegal, Columbia. 1/4 final against Sweden or Switzerland. Semi-final against either (Spain or Russia) or (Croatia or Denmark)
If we could get to the semi-final (which I know is quite unlikely) I'd rather avoid Spain. But Spain in the semis or Brazil in the quarters, I'd take the semis please.

I know where I want us to finish. And it ain't top.
Indeed.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
all focus should be on the last 16 game, or we'll take it for granted and we'll be coming home.
That goes without saying. Regardless of where we finish in this group, we'll be playing a last 16 game against a team equally determined to get to the quarter-final, and it will be a tough game.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
It does look easier if we lose tomorrow, but trying to lose is not the way to approach things. Much better to give more of the squad a game and try to do our best without getting bookings or injuries.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Just keep winning...………. trophyfootball.png :thumbsup:

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
If we lose then we have a genuine chance of winning the world cup. If we win we have no chance. I'd match Belgium's reported 10 changes and try get as many yellow cards as possible. Making that many changes it is clear Belgium are playing to lose.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Putin's plan looking good.

Has to nobble Spain somehow, and then he's on the home straight.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
If we lose then we have a genuine chance of winning the world cup. If we win we have no chance. I'd match Belgium's reported 10 changes and try get as many yellow cards as possible. Making that many changes it is clear Belgium are playing to lose.

If we lose tomorrow I will guarantee we will get knocked out in the next round, watch this space.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here