Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maguire v Dunk

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Maguire is good coming forward, but passes go astray when under little or no pressure, and cause problems. I fear for him when we play a proper team, but hope he does well.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
It seems that according to several ITK ( Know Fock all ) LFC people, the Reds are looking at either of these two as a back up / rotation to VVD and Lovren at about £30m.
To be honest I wouldn’t want either of them at LFC, but it is good to see our guy being mentioned even by people who have probably never seen him play.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Maguire is deservedly there. All of England's CB's, plus Dunk, have a mistake or two in them. But Maguire also carries a threat up front, helping to cause the mayhem for England's opponents.

PL stats:
Maguire 70 games - 4 goals, 6 assists, 74% tackle success
Dunk 38 - 1, 1, 49%

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Maguire is deservedly there. All of England's CB's, plus Dunk, have a mistake or two in them. But Maguire also carries a threat up front, helping to cause the mayhem for England's opponents.

PL stats:
Maguire 70 games - 4 goals, 6 assists, 74% tackle success
Dunk 38 - 1, 1, 49%

and Dunk can't ? Think Fulham away season before last.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Arsenal (H)?

I would have Dunk in the squad, though not at Maguire’s expense.

I do believe he is as good as, if not better than Stones and Cahill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cahill is great goal scoring defender, who keeps winning silverware. Great form in the second half of the season for England and Chelsea.

Stones is great on the ball at the highest level and scored a vital brace today.

I think Dunk is competing with the likes of Tarkowski. Being biased like everyone else here, I prefer Dunk.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Maguire absolutely dominated us in the away game vs Leicester last season. Was spraying passes about even in midfield, and scored a goal, but yes Dunk is better obviously....

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Maguire absolutely dominated us in the away game vs Leicester last season. Was spraying passes about even in midfield, but yes Dunk is better obviously....

Maguire's Moo-ma could have dominated the Albion in that particular game.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Maguire absolutely dominated us in the away game vs Leicester last season. Was spraying passes about even in midfield, and scored a goal, but yes Dunk is better obviously....

I watched that game. I certainly wouldn't say he dominated us. Leicester were good and clearly better than us that day. But to say Maguire dominated us makes it sound like he was their creative playmaker that day.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I watched that game. I certainly wouldn't say he dominated us. Leicester were good and clearly better than us that day. But to say Maguire dominated us makes it sound like he was their creative playmaker that day.

He was spraying passes around, scored a goal. I would say he dominated for a centre back but of course it is my opinion.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Which games did Dunk dominate? Solid player but doesn't contribute to anywhere near enough goals as he should do with his aerial presence.
Dunk isn't in the team to score goals, he's there to defend and turn defense into attack.
Both of which he would appear to do better than Maguire, although my first hand knowledge is skewed ever so slightly in favour of Dunk, by something like 7 years v 3 games. :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Would that be THE Leicester who won the Premier League?

Yep THE same Leicester that looked certain for relegation the season before, and decent outside bets for relegation ever since.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Dunk isn't in the team to score goals, he's there to defend and turn defense into attack.
Both of which he would appear to do better than Maguire, although my first hand knowledge is skewed ever so slightly in favour of Dunk, by something like 7 years v 3 games. :lol:

Sorry, disagree entirely, Maguire is probably a better defender, and although neither is in the team to score goals, centre backs in the modern day game should be contributing to the attacking play via corners, Dunk missed a few sitters from corners last season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here