Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by portlock seagull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did you not read that recent report, get with modern life: 60% of under 25s are embarrassed to be English! Plus St George isn’t really our flag. And it’s used by Neo Nazis. Would you fly a Swastika from your window? Nope, fine if you live in deepest Lincs but in the multi ethnic South East you run a real risk of upsetting immigrants and making them feel uneasy or unwelcome. I don’t wish to do that so best leave the far right jingoistic nationalism to others. Besides, as Emily Thornbury said, it’s very chav and working class ‘Brexity’ to display a St George’s and whonin their right mind wants to identify with that.
    You MUST be on a wind up. Surely

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

1 Not allowed!
      I am keeping a lid on it over here. Previous years I have put flags up to annoy my neighbours from around the globe and played 3 Lions and World in Motion over and over. I just haven't felt inspired to do so this year as it usually ends in bitter disappointment. If I was in a shit American chick flick I would be saying something like "I just can't put myself out there and get hurt again right now". I am jaded and bitter when it comes to England and although I haven't followed through on my promise "not to ****ing bother again" I just cannot get that excited about it while bracing for some almighty **** up. I am not expecting much and i think that if we manage to beat Panama tonight I might start to get excited for the round of 16 after seeing where we sit in real terms against Belgium.

To put it another way following England at this world cup is a chore. Although i must say I am enjoying the rest of it a lot more than normal.
      Too many Florence Nightingales. Not enough Robin Hoods.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Did you not read that recent report, get with modern life: 60% of under 25s are embarrassed to be English! Plus St George isn’t really our flag. And it’s used by Neo Nazis. Would you fly a Swastika from your window? Nope, fine if you live in deepest Lincs but in the multi ethnic South East you run a real risk of upsetting immigrants and making them feel uneasy or unwelcome. I don’t wish to do that so best leave the far right jingoistic nationalism to others. Besides, as Emily Thornbury said, it’s very chav and working class ‘Brexity’ to display a St George’s and whonin their right mind wants to identify with that.

Actually you might be right, we don't have an England smilie.

0 Not allowed!
      "The first 90 minutes of the match are the most important"
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BadFish View Post
      I am keeping a lid on it over here. Previous years I have put flags up to annoy my neighbours from around the globe and played 3 Lions and World in Motion over and over. I just haven't felt inspired to do so this year as it usually ends in bitter disappointment.
      BF, as a great Albion manager (first time round) once said, keep the faith!

"To be honest, I was holding out just for Brighton really. This is where I wanted to be."
      - Bobby Zamora, Tuesday 4th August 2015
      "It does not matter what league you are in, the goalposts don't move."
      - Glenn Murray, Sunday 4th March 2018
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hart's shirt View Post

I am so tempted to press that play button but i honestly feel that if i do we will lose tonight to a last minute penalty* against Panama after a game of missed shots and post hitting.

* Whilst putting his head in his hands Harry Kane will also break a bone that i have never heard of before that will rule him out of the world cup, making his return early in the season against the Albion.

Seriously now, why do i watch this ****ing game again?
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hart's shirt View Post

You *******!!! I played it!!

1 Not allowed!
      Name:  crazy-gif-5.gif
Views: 290
Size:  155.3 KB
      "SOLLY MARCH IS GIVING JOHNATHAN GROUNDS A ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE "

2 Not allowed!
      Nope. We have ethnic neighbours and don’t want to cause offence although quite enjoying seeing a couple of S.American countries flags down the road from us to brighten the place up.
      Similarly here, don't want to upset my Cornish neighbours, so just the local black and white flags around. At a music festival today, will no doubt hear "This Isn't England" a few times.
      Was that the intro? I should have been in!
      Mama said knock you out. LlcoolJ's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
      I noticed yesterday, while having a stroll down to the local, that the flags on cars had suddenly returned. At least 15 spotted on a five minute walk. Excellent.

I'm in Sheffield city centre at present having a bacon sandwich and a coffee and the boozer is already full of lads in retro England shirts, getting on the beer. I'm wearing my 1998 shirt which is actually 20 years old and looks it.

I reckon the only offended people are the Daily Mail crew, getting offended about the idea of people being offended which doesn't actually exist, at all.