Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion letter in The Times today

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Good to see The Times's illustrious letters page graced with a letter about the Albion today.

It was from Paul Samrah and read:

Football's Sweeper

Apropos Giles Smith's column - 'Tidy effort from Japan fans' - cleaning the stadium and nearby roads was a big part of Brighton & Hove Albion's supporters' post-match routine for 12 years at its temporary home, the Withdean athletics stadium. The club's museum even has a litter grabber on display.

In a month when we can watch Premier League Albion's players in the World Cup the letter is a worthwhile reminder of how far we have come in just ten years. And a worthwhile homage to the late Paul Welch, who organised the litter picking patrols with a broom of iron.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Good to see The Times's illustrious letters page graced with a letter about the Albion today.

It was from Paul Samrah and read:

Football's Sweeper

Apropos Giles Smith's column - 'Tidy effort from Japan fans' - cleaning the stadium and nearby roads was a big part of Brighton & Hove Albion's supporters' post-match routine for 12 years at its temporary home, the Withdean athletics stadium. The club's museum even has a litter grabber on display.

In a month when we can watch Premier League Albion's players in the World Cup the letter is a worthwhile reminder of how far we have come in just ten years. And a worthwhile homage to the late Paul Welch, who organised the litter picking patrols with a broom of iron.

I’d forgotten about those and I even did one.

As organised by the late, great Paul Whelch - to me, an Albion hero.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here