Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] *** Das offizielle Deutschland gegen Schweden thead. ***

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Who had 7 mins in the 'how long before they mention Leroy Sane being left out' sweepstake?

Can I have 12 minutes please?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
And THAT'S why Sweden are going to get battered here :lol:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Absolutely STONEWALL penalty. Shoved over without touching the ball, arguably a red too. Germany very lucky.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I take it that other than HT, we are all Swedes tonight ?

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
And that is why VAR doesn’t work

Absolute rubbish system

Its not VAR its the referees mistake and it would have not been given without VAR being used as well. The question is do we want every single incident reviewed and the time it takes for that or not. Otherwise if its not clear at normal speed then sometimes they wont be given and they wont be reviewed.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Its not VAR its the referees mistake and it would have not been given without VAR being used as well. The question is do we want every single incident reviewed and the time it takes for that or not. Otherwise if its not clear at normal speed then sometimes they wont be given and they wont be reviewed.

VAR is meant to review and tell ref if he has made a clear an obvious mistake. !!

He had... they didn’t.

I’m failing to see how VAR is improving the game as there have been a number of blatant decisions which haven’t been reviewed correctly. System is massively flawed and an absolute joke.

Isn’t improving the game and should be binned ASAP

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
VAR is meant to review and tell ref if he has made a clear an obvious mistake. !!

He had... they didn’t.

I’m failing to see how VAR is improving the game as there have been a number of blatant decisions which haven’t been reviewed correctly. System is massively flawed and an absolute joke.

It has to be clear and obvious it wasnt until replayed at a much much slower speed. If the referee was in doubt he could have asked for it he didnt though. It was the referees mistake it would still be the referees mistake and not given if it was binned.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

He had... they didn’t.

Yes - that's the thing isn't it. Perfectly understandable why the ref didn't give it in real time. Incomprehensible why those reviewing it on VAR didn't. Too big to be knocked out?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
It has to be clear and obvious it wasnt until replayed at a much much slower speed. If the referee was in doubt he could have asked for it he didnt though. It was the referees mistake it would still be the referees mistake and not given if it was binned.

Don't really think so. It looked pretty obvious from the very first replay and from the other angle at normal speed - which is precisely what VAR is meant to be looking at.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Whack! There's a message to you, Rudy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here