Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] *** Das offizielle Deutschland gegen Schweden thead. ***

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
It has to be clear and obvious it wasnt until replayed at a much much slower speed. If the referee was in doubt he could have asked for it he didnt though. It was the referees mistake it would still be the referees mistake and not given if it was binned.

The VAR team should have informed him he needed to look at it ... why didn’t they ?

Correct it wouldn’t have been given without VAR... so that is exactly my point, if they aren’t correcting wrong decisions then get rid

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Its not VAR its the referees mistake and it would have not been given without VAR being used as well. The question is do we want every single incident reviewed and the time it takes for that or not. Otherwise if its not clear at normal speed then sometimes they wont be given and they wont be reviewed.

VAR is supposed to find clear and obvious mistakes. There have been far too many in this World Cup that it has not found (Kane x 2, the double rugby tackle on the Serb last night, this one just now etc) . It is not a case of wanting every decision reviewed, it is a case of the right decision being made. If the Ref had given that, VAR would not have overruled him, so we are still at the mercy of a crap Ref. VAR just makes the game look more crooked than it already is.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
VAR is meant to review and tell ref if he has made a clear an obvious mistake. !!

He had... they didn’t.

I’m failing to see how VAR is improving the game as there have been a number of blatant decisions which haven’t been reviewed correctly. System is massively flawed and an absolute joke.

Isn’t improving the game and should be binned ASAP

Agree. The VARs are just a bunch of full kit wankers.

SPORT-PREVIEW-VAR.jpg

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Don't really think so. It looked pretty obvious from the very first replay and from the other angle at normal speed - which is precisely what VAR is meant to be looking at.

They arent going to be constantly overulling the referee. I wasnt sure myself until I saw the replay and a different angle, the ref was quite far away. I am surprised he didnt ask for it which is why I say it was his mistake because he left the VAR team in a situation of deciding if it was clear enough.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
They arent going to be constantly overulling the referee. I wasnt sure myself until I saw the replay and a different angle, the ref was quite far away. I am surprised he didnt ask for it which is why I say it was his mistake because he left the VAR team in a situation of deciding if it was clear enough.

The VAR team can’t overrule him... they should have told him to look at it

They didn’t ... which means it’s yet ANOTHER failure.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
The VAR team can’t overrule him... they should have told him to look at it

They didn’t ... which means it’s yet ANOTHER failure.

Telling him to look at it is overuling and they will only do that if they feel its an clear and obvious mistake.

TOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRR

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Lovely finish

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Oh yes!!!

The sausage eaters are on their way home :lolol:

PILTDOWN MAN