[Football] *** Das offizielle Deutschland gegen Schweden thead. ***

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oh yes!!!

The sausage eaters are on their way home :lolol:

"There're going home there're going home the krauts are going home"

We can laugh meantime. If it stays the same we'll also laugh longest.

Angela, Adolph, Kraftwerk, your boys are taking a hell of a beating

I’m out so not watching it, but couldn’t not pop by to say something.

Scenes.

Germany are finally facing their Waterloo.

Boooooooooooooo!

:thumbsup:

Right, That was fun. I’m signing off in a bit. Have a nice evening everyone.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I hope everyone is getting on the late goal in this W/C, it is very profitable, I started the day on 13 quid, and after a late goal in each game, I’m on82 quid.
I would have preferred a Sweden late one tonight, tho.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Hector was out injured for first game. Hummels today. Boeteng obviously out for the last group game. Hopefully all back for first knock-out game.

To be fair though Plattenhardt wasn’t really the issue in the Mexico game. Kimmich was, and how stretched it made Hummels and Boateng.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It could essential that we don’t win our group now. Win it and it could be Brazil or Germany in a QF, finish second and it could be Mexico or Switzerland.

France v Argentina and Germany v Brazil in the second round with Brazil or Germany then playing Belgium would throw this tournament so wide open.

Goal difference wise now looking likely we’d have to beat Belgium to come top. Let’s have a lovely draw or narrow loss to them. Would be absolutely Sod’s law to beat a Belgium side resting players and accidentally play a rampant Brazil in the quarters.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Get our business done tomorrow with a routine 2-0 then make a few changes and aim for a tame 0-0 against Belgium would be my plan. Under no circumstances do we want to win that game.

I’m not saying it’s going to be England but there is undoubtedly a HUGE opportunity in this half of the draw for a slightly unfancied team to make a run to a semi final. It could be us, it could be Mexico or it could be whoever comes through the very tight Group H.

I think Belgium are way ahead of you announcing resting players already. It will be interesting.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
They can rest as many as they want. We don’t have to win. If we just go out with the aim of getting a 0-0 and nothing better then Belgium will be on course for Brazil or Germany and there’s nothing they can do about it.

Of course, Brazil haven’t won their group yet. That’s still tight going into the final game and them finishing second would make everything I’ve just said irrelevant.

FFS, how long have you supported England?

You should know, you never, ever count your chickens. We still have to play Panama tomorrow, let’s see what happens first, then start planning where we come in the group. I’ve been watching/ supporting England all my life, they never do what’s expected, good or bad.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
They can rest as many as they want. We don’t have to win. If we just go out with the aim of getting a 0-0 and nothing better then Belgium will be on course for Brazil or Germany and there’s nothing they can do about it.

Of course, Brazil haven’t won their group yet. That’s still tight going into the final game and them finishing second would make everything I’ve just said irrelevant.

Maybe our lads better get practising missing open goals and easy chances then. They obviously knew this was coming, which is why they started last week.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Apparently last time the Germans went out in the first round was 1938.

Best not upset them, eh.....................

Last edited:

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld

A Serbia win and Switzerland win would be bloody awesome mind

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I really can’t get over the stupidity of the tackle that gave them the free kick. “Stand him up and don’t dive in” is one of the first instructions you give nine year olds. Glad it was picked up on the ITV analysis.

Right, over to us and hopefully a nice stress free afternoon with a cold beer or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Right, over to us and hopefully a nice stress free afternoon with a cold beer or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope so, but I honestly don’t remember the last stress free game involving England in a major tournament.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Hope so, but I honestly don’t remember the last stress free game involving England in a major tournament.

This. The thought of being 2-0 up after 30 mins today seems SO alien to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here