Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Gigs that you had tickets for and missed...

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
The Who not once but twice both times I had accidents and ended up in hospital on the night of the concerts decided God was trying to tell me something so have never tried to get Who tickets since

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Many years ago when Ray Charles played at the Dome (Brighton not the O2) due to illness. I never had another chance.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Alabama Shakes at The Concorde. I turned up a day late...

Arcade Fire at The Millenium Dome. Massive snowfall meant that travel up to London was impossible.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
My boss had tickets for the Led Zeppelin reunion at the 02, which 21 million people applied for and did not go as he had to go to the states on
Business and he said after the concert ‘ oh i forget you were a Zeppelin fan as you could have used them’ !!! To say i was furious was an understatement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Missed the Foo Fighters in Edinburgh because Dave Grohl broke his bloody leg!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
About 10 years ago, we completely forgot to go to a David Byrne gig at the Dome. We had really good seats, too!

A couple of years before that, we turned up at the Concorde 2 to see Alice Russell, just as she was doing the encore :dunce:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Last week. Went to Bremen with Mrs H to see Die Toten Hosen. We made it but the band didn't, as their frontman was struck down with a bout of sudden deafness. They've rescheduled the gig but we can't throw together another jaunt to Germany at short notice.

Nice weekend all the same. Sunny weather, beer, big screens and a world cup party all going on made for a great time.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The Tragically Hip's final gig in London due to Mrs B arranging a holiday to start on the day The Hip played. Gord Downey died last year...

Also, earlier this year. Tickets for Lloyd Cole in Guildford. Tramadol and back pain stopped me from going.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Can't believe I forgot this one

EuroHeedfest at The Windmill a couple of years ago. An all day Guided By Voices tribute day .... with free BBQ.

Fell down the stairs to a pub cellar the night before, fracturing my arse in the process.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The Tragically Hip's final gig in London due to Mrs B arranging a holiday to start on the day The Hip played. Gord Downey died last year...

Also, earlier this year. Tickets for Lloyd Cole in Guildford. Tramadol and back pain stopped me from going.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

My Canadian mate loved them, and gave me a couple of CDs last year. Not bas but I prefer Art Bergman, Moev and Skinny Puppy among Canadian (and in these cases, all Vancouver) bands :thumbsup:

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Also, I don’t think it helps that every other movie that gets released is a superhero movie another over used genre of film. Hollywood really needs to up it’s game with movie writing.

Accepting that there is a degree of hyperbole in your complaint... There are 12 different films showing at cineworld and 16 different films showing at the odeon this week (some crossover, not claiming there are 28 different films). One of them is a superhero movie (Deadpool 2). According to IMDB's upcoming list (https://www.imdb.com/calendar/?regi...&pf_rd_t=15061&pf_rd_i=homepage&ref_=hm_cs_sm) by my count there are 6 titles out of 107 (robin hood and bumblebee could possibly be added to that to make 8, but I personally think that's a stretch) currently expected to be released from now until the end of the year that are obviously superhero movies (there will be more added to that list, though I doubt many, if any, of them will be massive budget movies).

There is a world of cinema out there. Yeah, a lot of marketing money goes on superhero movies, giving the impressions that's all there is to cinema at the moment, that we're awash with them, but it really isn't the case. (Though, I would enjoy it if it was because I love superhero movies).

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patreon
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Frank Zappa - approx. 1988 London (Wembley I think). Fell asleep on a mates sofa and he thought it was cruel to wake me. Damn Damn Damn Damn Damn

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Living in Somerset in the 90’s, a group of us would think nothing of piling into someone’s car and driving to London for gigs and driving home afterwards. It is motorway all the way so was always a fairly easy drive.

We had tickets to see Ornette Coleman at either the Barbican or RFH. We left at our usual time in the afternoon and had a terrible journey but not one where we thought we should give up. Let’s keep going we thought, we might catch the second set. So despite the hold ups we battled on into the city. Anyway, to cut a long story we parked up, ran to the venue and up the stairs to hear riotous cheers and thunderous applause. The venue steward let us in only to see Ornette and his band leave the stage having finished their encore.

A quick drink in the bar and we dragged our sorry arses back to Somerset.

A nice postscript was the venue feeling very sorry for us and gave us our money back.

BangaloreGull

Jun 18, 2011
Burgess Hill
I am on a bad run at moment. Last five gigs I have had tickets for I have missed due to work travel: Cock Sparrer, Undertones, Killers, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Squeeze. Also missed Kasabian & Jack White in last few years for same reason. Missed Noel Gallagher as I had dates wrong and only realised when my mate asked what time to meet - I was in wrong country! I am sure there are more.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Leona Lewis.

I just thought better of it :)

Jul 7, 2003
Last week. Went to Bremen with Mrs H to see Die Toten Hosen. We made it but the band didn't, as their frontman was struck down with a bout of sudden deafness. They've rescheduled the gig but we can't throw together another jaunt to Germany at short notice.

Didn't realise that they were still touring. Always enjoyed Love Sex Money as an album.

Missed gigs - Hanoi Rocks in Portsmouth was cancelled because Razzle had been killed just before in a car accident while out with Vince Neil of Motley Crue. Turned up at the Hammy Odeon in the pre-internet days to watch Marillion only to find out the gig had been cancelled because Fish had lost his voice. Turned down a ticket to see Ian Dury as I was busy and said I'd catch him on his next tour - sadly he died soon after that gig.

More recently, I missed the final Motley Crue tour as I had major knee surgery and couldn't get to the gig.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here