Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Help! I have the FEELING i’m being scammed.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Long story short I was working at my secondary job, mowing grass last week when my grass trimmer clipped a small stone which took out the back window of someone’s car.
I was mortified, but pleased nobody was hurt, or so I thought.

The car owner, seemed like a nice chap at first, came out of his house to see what had happened.
I owned up immediately, as I have had similar happen to me in the past, I apologised profusely and told him I would pay to have it fixed.

Problem is that after I told him I would pay, he kept asking if he could have more money, when I gave him the impression that the bill for the window was all I was prepared to cough up, he fell down like Pepe getting back-slapped and started to roll around.
I was about to ask if he was alright, when he stopped writhing for a second and peeked through the chubby fingers covering his face to check that I had noticed his tantrum.
He then started crying about having nightmares and he wouldn’t be able to look at a car again, he said too that he might not even be able to leave the house in future.

I told him that I would write him a letter to admit responsibility for the window and dashed off.

I am now starting to panic that this chappie is going to start claiming all sorts against me and my insurance.
If he tells my employer of this unfortunate accident I could lose this part-time secondary, temporary job, I then will not be able to pay my rent, so i’ll be homeless too.

My question is can I claim against him for being an unappreciative clump?
You know, where there’s blame and all that?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Very funny, and very appropriate :thumbsup:

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
You unthinking selfish pr*ck, don't you realise the emotional damage and inconvenience your thoughtless action has caused? This poor chap has obviously been scarred for life and no amount of financial compensation would alleviate the damage caused by your actions! Maybe pay for all repairs then offer to hand over your wage packet weekly until this poor unfortunate is able to come to terms with his devastating loss? This may take years and many many acres of mown grass but you deserve no less, maybe as further help you could offer free season tickets for him and his carer indefinitely

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here