Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Walton Re-joins Wigan

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I'm still hopeful that Krul signs as with Walton and Sanchez out on loan our remaining under 23's are even less tested than them, and Steele is untried at PL Level. It would only take an injury or red card for Ryan to leave us massively exposed in a key area of the pitch. Most PL clubs seem to have 3 in their 25 unless they have a very promising youngster.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can we recall for a month whilst Ryan is out and then loan him out again to Wigan once Ryan is back?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Can we recall for a month whilst Ryan is out and then loan him out again to Wigan once Ryan is back?

1st January recall, loan back to Wigan 31st Jan. Problem solved.

In answer to the OP, we need three first team keepers. It has happened, in the past, where two keepers have been injured and/or sick.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
If Walton doesn't have a horror show at Wigan then I'd put him straight in our team Jan. Let him play to keep his place.

From everything I've seen / read / people I've spoken too , he is infinitely better than Steele is

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Playing devil's advocate... would you want to put in a 'keeper in January that has not trained with the defence all season?

From what I have seen of Walton playing for us, for our U23s, for Wigan (on telly) and the England U21's (again, on telly), he is a really fantastic goalie and we are very lucky to have him. However, being a goalie is about more than shot-stopping. Having a good understanding with the defence is (in my view) essential. My worry is that if Walton is bought back in January and thrown straight into the starting line up, we may be setting him up to fail.

Having said that, the club has developed him excellently so far. Therefore if he is recalled and played, I have every confidence in the club's judgement. However, my suspicion is that he will not play for us in January unless it is absolutely essential.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Great move for Walton, will really help him progress being in the Championship

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here