Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] World Class Players

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
What determines if a player is world class?

Many believe Messi is the best player in the world but is he World Class, seeing that he never performs for Argentina?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sad to say, from my viewpoint, that Ronaldo is currently head and shoulders above any other player in the world. The only genuine World class player at the moment. Took him three world cups to get there though and I still can’t warm to him, even a little.

To be world class you absolutely have to perform on the world stage imo. Messi has not come close and we all thought he was nailed on to do well this time around.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In my opinion it’s players who regularly perform well, and shape games, at the highest level. I therefore think you need to have played at the business end of major European club and/or international tournaments to demonstrate this.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Sad to say, from my viewpoint, that Ronaldo is currently head and shoulders above any other player in the world. The only genuine World class player at the moment. Took him three world cups to get there though and I still can’t warm to him, even a little.

To be world class you absolutely have to perform on the world stage imo. Messi has not come close and we all thought he was nailed on to do well this time around.
Totally agree. Ronaldo is the best player in the world by far

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
What determines if a player is world class?

Many believe Messi is the best player in the world but is he World Class, seeing that he never performs for Argentina?

:lolol: A World Cup Final, three Copa America Finals and he has won the Olympics and scored 64 international goals. Imagine if he had ever 'performed'. Messi is not Ronaldo in that he needs a team around him but he has been carrying a mediocre Argentina side for a long time.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
:lolol: A World Cup Final, three Copa America Finals and he has won the Olympics and scored 64 international goals. Imagine if he had ever 'performed'. Messi is not Ronaldo in that he needs a team around him but he has been carrying a mediocre Argentina side for a long time.
Yes but apart from that

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

HAs Ronaldo actually been that good so far... he was piss poor the last game. And De Gea threw one in for him.

Other than the free kick I don't think he has been all that... certainly nothing to get carried away by.

Clearly hes making the difference for that side but his perfomances in general have not been great for me

And I bloody love Ronaldo

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
HAs Ronaldo actually been that good so far... he was piss poor the last game. And De Gea threw one in for him.

Other than the free kick I don't think he has been all that... certainly nothing to get carried away by.

Clearly hes making the difference for that side but his perfomances in general have not been great for me

And I bloody love Ronaldo

He’s been better than all the other overhyped “world class” players imo and I bloody want him to do badly :smile:

Maybe you need to be in a world class team to look world class and there don’t seem to be any teams that fulfil that criteria this worl cup.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here