Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Brazil v Costa Rica

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sometimes that VAR works brilliantly. Sometimes.

I can't believe the ref bought that dive in the first place though.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
I don't think he would. That nan has no limits to the depths he would sink
That's a new low by cheating wanker Neyman. Even Diving Wilf would be emarrassed by that one. Appeals for the penalty THEN falls down. ****.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
For that decision alone, VAR is a success!!!

Cheating little shit ends up with no pen and a booking.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
VAR could now start to be worth it IF it starts to stop more cheating like that.

He should have scored there, not fallen over, his confidence must be shot.

Why wasn't he booked for simulation?

They need to crack down on simulation HARD. Shame Ivory Coast didn't qualify. Wilf would love these refs.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Have to say the VAR has worked perfectly. Rather than take the drama away, it adds to the rollercoaster. You can celebrate when a goal is scored, and celebrate again on confirmation, and if the disallowed goal goes in your favour it is celebrated like a goal for being disallowed. I will miss it tbh.

All it missed was getting a yellow for diving.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What a cheating little weasel Neymar is. And I see even HE was embarrassed out of that catastrophic barnet he was sporting the other day as well. He looked like a llama with scabies.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Sometimes that VAR works brilliantly. Sometimes.

Agree entirely. It should get better and better as people learn how to use it. whilst at the same time the players will be frced to cut down on the cheating, as they can no longer get away with it (Neymar should have been booked for the dive). It's a win/win for me IF used properly.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
People moan about nil nils/one nils but this is proper edge of the seat stuff.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
VAR isn’t stopping the cynical fouls and it almost looks like the refs are deliberately missing them. It is taking the skill out of the game. FIFA are supposed to be running world football. At this rate it won’t be worth watching.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Costa Rica are playing like rabbits caught in the headlights. Can't make some really simple passes. Still, it's working so far.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
VAR works again, that was never a penalty.

And well done ref for deciding to overturn his decision. No harm no foul.

That's exactly how it should be used. Neymar went down far too easily and got caught. Great decision TBF.

But AGAIN? VAR has been mostly hopeless by either making extremely marginal decisions that have ignored the referee's original opinion (France pen) or just not being used at all (Tunisia game x2).

If it's used in this way going forward then it will and should be implemented - and Mr Zaha for one will be terrified. But let's not pretend it's been a raging success.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Policy seems to be Award and then check!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here