Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] East Sussex - Where is nice to live?

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Not particularly. Average time to travel by car in either direction at 08.30 and 17.30 would be more interesting ... over to you :thumbsup:

i wouldnt do it i would do eastbourne to cuckmere then littlington alfriston to A27 if i was commuting in the morning.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I was thinking about the individual bits ... I'd imagine Saltdean to Newhaven could be a bit of a nightmare at 5.30

It is horrendous. The jam all the way back to Roedean / Ovingdean roundabout starts building at 4.15pm. Then it’s stop start, snails pace all the way to Seaford.

100’s drivers get so fed up, they do a 4 mile loop via Ovingdean Village, back to Rottingdean, to simply avoid the first half mile of it. Not sure if that makes any difference, but it gives the feel of momentum!

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
It is horrendous. The jam all the way back to Roedean / Ovingdean roundabout starts building at 4.15pm. Then it’s stop start, snails pace all the way to Seaford.

100’s drivers get so fed up, they do a 4 mile loop via Ovingdean Village, back to Rottingdean, to simply avoid the first half mile of it. Not sure if that makes any difference, but it gives the feel of momentum!

wouldnt be surprised if there arent restrictions put on Rottingdean High Street soon

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Disagree. It's usually ok. He was talking about Saltdean to Newhaven but the main jam is usually before that in Rottingdean.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Disagree. It's usually ok. He was talking about Saltdean to Newhaven but the main jam is usually before that in Rottingdean.

I have family and colleagues who live in your part of the world, as well as Rottingdean and Telscombe Cliffs, lifelong. They dread it. Some are able to flex their day making sure they get to Rottingdean by 4, another one does the 4 mile loop via Ovingdean Village just to get a feeling of keep on driving.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I have family and colleagues who live in your part of the world, as well as Rottingdean and Telscombe Cliffs, lifelong. They dread it. Some are able to flex their day making sure they get to Rottingdean by 4, another one does the 4 mile loop via Ovingdean Village just to get a feeling of keep on driving.

Yep. It's horrendous going the other way in the morning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here