Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 88
  1. #51
    Sound of the Suburbs bn9 bha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Newhaven SUSSEX BN9
    Posts
    11,792


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    More upmarket that Newhaven's 'The Cloud 9 Club'?

    Think it was called Liberties then and she had been there and moved onto the Trek, as Liberties wasn't that good.
    I lived in Seaford back then.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #52
      Members
      Join Date
      Nov 2011
      Location
      Burgess Hill
      Posts
      344


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cowfold Seagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      At least there is less risk of getting an arrow through your eye if you love in Robertsbridge.
      Blimey, sounds like the sexlife in Battle is a little rough!
    • #53
      Members
      Join Date
      Sep 2003
      Location
      Brighton
      Posts
      880


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by PILTDOWN MAN View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Well Robertsbridge to the Amex (It's in Brighton) 45ish
      I believe the OP is wanting to get to Brighton for work i.e. in rush hour!
    • #54
      Members
      Join Date
      Sep 2003
      Location
      Brighton
      Posts
      880


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by bluenitsuj View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Willingdon. 10 mins to Eastbourne. Close to Polegate Station with direct line to Brighton. (Free travel from Polegate to home games).
      Good schools close by and local shops. Next to the Downs so easy access for dog walks and two great pubs in Willingdon Village
      If the OP wants to live in Eastbourne then this is a great option, my Mum and Dad live in Willingdon village and it has a lovely feel to the place, right next to the south downs and close to Polegate for a train in to Brighton. As you say nice pubs as well.
    • #55
      Members
      Join Date
      Jan 2013
      Location
      Super Seaford From the South
      Posts
      511


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Voroshilov View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Are there any decent pubs in Seaford? The few times i've been there the pubs look pretty awful, but i din't know the town very well.
      I personally use the Wellington which is very friendly pub with a good range of Ales and food.
    • #56

      0 Not allowed!
      What's Eastbourne like these days? I've heard it's better now than it used to be, What the bad areas? Is Shinewater still dodgy?
    • #57
      Members Green Cross Code Man's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2006
      Location
      Eastbourne
      Posts
      11,856


      0 Not allowed!
      I've lived in Eastbourne the last ten years and love it. All the amenities a large town offers and still feels small and local. I lived in Seaford whilst growing up for 23 years and miss it a lot. Eastbourne is cheaper. I would avoid Shinewater, although it depends what you're used to and can afford. I lived in far scarier places in Liverpool and although Eastbourne has its problems, they are tame in comparison. The older part of town is generally good as is Roselands where i live, the parts near the hospital are great and also the marina. Obviously this is generalising. I have two cousins who live in the better parts of Langney in very comfortable large houses in decent areas. Avoid some parts of town, Langney and Hampden Park although as i said, some areas of those places are very good.
      If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice......
    • #58
      Members PILTDOWN MAN's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2004
      Location
      on the street
      Posts
      7,747


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Half Time Pies View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I believe the OP is wanting to get to Brighton for work i.e. in rush hour!
      Ok 60 mins in rush hour.
      “FROM the towns all Inns have been driven: from the villages most. . . . Change your hearts or you will lose your Inns and you will deserve to have lost them. But when you have lost your Inns drown your empty selves, for you will have lost the last of England.”
    • #59
      Members Weststander's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Withdean area
      Posts
      17,747


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by PILTDOWN MAN View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Ok 60 mins in rush hour.
      Two hours of your life lost daily = a non starter.
    • #60
      Members PILTDOWN MAN's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2004
      Location
      on the street
      Posts
      7,747


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Two hours of your life lost daily = a non starter.
      Sounds like he needs a village off London Road, according to you
      “FROM the towns all Inns have been driven: from the villages most. . . . Change your hearts or you will lose your Inns and you will deserve to have lost them. But when you have lost your Inns drown your empty selves, for you will have lost the last of England.”

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •