Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Lionel Richie in Hove this Saturday

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Lots of people getting off the train at Hove earlier stocked up with M and S cans of gin and tonic.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Really was very good, shame it had to end at 21:00

Good night out

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Lots of people getting off the train at Hove earlier stocked up with M and S cans of gin and tonic.

They would have had to drink them outside of the ground as my wife and her mother had to empty their bottles of water before they went in but they were allowed to keep hold of the empty bottles!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
They would have had to drink them outside of the ground as my wife and her mother had to empty their bottles of water before they went in but they were allowed to keep hold of the empty bottles!

For sure no alcohol or food permitted to take in

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Between 9 and 10 there were a lot of tipsy middle aged people in Hove. Was rather amusing to see.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Between 9 and 10 there were a lot of tipsy middle aged people in Hove. Was rather amusing to see.

There were a shit load of people very drunk at the concert, eye watering prices as well for alcohol in the ground but you have to accept it.

We had some pre-concert drinkies in the Cliftonville, very disappointed as no ENREST on show

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It's always the way I'm afraid, too many people are worried about noise pollution.
Normally its calculated on the basis of 1KW per 100 people in the audience.

Every house / flats round the ground had capacity balconies !

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
This was 'Truly' a great concert for those of us who knew his hits from the 1970's onwards through to the youngsters of today who have grown up with the songs of Lionel blaring out around their parents' house.

Hove Cricket Ground did Lionel proud, and in return Lionel gave the massive audience everything and more, what an Iconic Legend the man is, take a bow :bowdown:

oddsonlaughter

Jan 24, 2008
I thought it was a great concert, he was brilliant to be fair and would have enjoyed it whether a Lionel Richie fan or not

However, the organisation was pretty poor, we were in the A block - but towards the back- perfect for us but about 10 mins in the security just started letting anyone into the block regardless of where their ticket was for so up the front they had numerous people without the right tickets in there

Coming out I spoke to one person who was spat on by someone very drunk and in the wrong block but allowed in, a pregnant women who had to leave the block because of a group of overly drunk people who had gone in there where she was and 2 elderly people who had paid for the premium tickets only to be bashed all over the place by an extra 20 or so in their row

I cannot understand why they allowed for that to happen to be fair and I would have been annoyed if I was up the front and for that to happen

Security just said they could not be expected to check everyone which I think is poor to be honest

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I see the couple that got engaged during the gig made the BBC website

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I thought it was a great concert, he was brilliant to be fair and would have enjoyed it whether a Lionel Richie fan or not

However, the organisation was pretty poor, we were in the A block - but towards the back- perfect for us but about 10 mins in the security just started letting anyone into the block regardless of where their ticket was for so up the front they had numerous people without the right tickets in there

Coming out I spoke to one person who was spat on by someone very drunk and in the wrong block but allowed in, a pregnant women who had to leave the block because of a group of overly drunk people who had gone in there where she was and 2 elderly people who had paid for the premium tickets only to be bashed all over the place by an extra 20 or so in their row

I cannot understand why they allowed for that to happen to be fair and I would have been annoyed if I was up the front and for that to happen

Security just said they could not be expected to check everyone which I think is poor to be honest

Sounds like the bedlam at away football matches, with the unwritten rule that there are no rules.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here