Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Argentina v Croatia

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
They are like the opposite of Iceland.

Exactly. Since Sampaoli took over he has tried 47 players and changed system every single game. You just cannot do that at any level, let alone at this level when you have even less time to work with players.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
MASS confusion here. Whats the fricking score? My dad paused the game to walk the dog. Then my sister calls and says it 3-0. No its not. That was replay of the second goal on her telly though we are 4 mins behind now

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Exactly. Since Sampaoli took over he has tried 47 players and changed system every single game. You just cannot do that at any level, let alone at this level when you have even less time to work with players.

You have to be a team, showed with the third goal he could have gone for glory who would have blamed him 2-0 up no he squared it to make absolutely sure it would be 3.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
have to say that was disappointing game until the goal, because both teams seems to play a game of "can i foul and get away without a yellow".

Messi. not realy very effective, couple of bursts, some passes, but generally he seem to let the game drift past him. contrast with Ronaldo who continues to fire up his team mates and get about more.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Maradonna, lionel messi, evita peron, che guvara, pope francis... YOUR BOYS HAVE TAKEN ONE HELL OF A BEATING!

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not sure I agree with that. This team has the talent but does not have the stability, or organisation. Playing wingers as full backs and midfielders with no legs is suicide at this level. They appear to have picked the 23 best players not the best two in each position.

Those who properly watch South American football, before the WC, said they're awful. So it's proved to be.

Several of their defenders and midfielders were either once quality but now they're old, or are just not very good.

I didn't see the nuggets of young quality in there, simply requiring a great coach to turn them into winners.

Changing the subject, I thought Shearer really exaggerated the brilliance of Croatia just then. The best midfield in the tournament! Has he not watched Spain. Iniesta, Silva, Isco and Busquets have been brilliant.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Cracking game!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I know what you’re saying but it doesn’t excuse the piss poor defending, school boy passing and key individual errors. This is a side on its knees and the “best players” really don’t look that good.

They’re not playing Messi at Centre Back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No of course not, but as England fans surely we recognise what we are seeing from this embarrassment of an Argentine side. Good players picked out of position with no tactical plan. Argentina ceded the midfield to a team featuring arguably the best central midfielders in this World Cup. They played three at the back when they do not have wing backs in the squad. Then players freezing under the pressure from back home. Pretty sure I have seen this story in most recent tournaments from England.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have definitely enjoyed that match the most (apart from our game obviously)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here