Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Argentina v Croatia

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
One of the pundits pointed out that Argentina had 5 attackers, 5 defenders and no midfield, and he was absolutely spot on. Look at Modric's goal again, a line of 5 defenders backing off, 5 attackers in a line not bothering to track back, and Modric with all the space in the world.

Croatia are a decent side, no doubt, but Argentina are possibly one of the worst here.

I still reckon Nigeria will beat Iceland - but on this showing they could go on and beat the Argies too

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
675BE89E-CADB-4B90-AD90-0370D51DBFB6.jpeg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Even more so when he took off his jacket to reveal his man tits & crap tattoos.

He had Popeye shaped arms as well. Not a good look on a short stumpy man.

Last edited:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Did you not see the Alan Sugar thread? Some on here will call you racist for that comment.

I apologise if I stereotyped a country that does a con trick. However, I would never ever make a racist remark about someone's skin colour or say they look like so and so.

Being compared to that idiot, Alan Sugar, is a bit hurtful. But I am truly sorry if you or anyone else was offended by my post. I hope we can draw a line under it now.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They're just played Don't cry for me Argentina on radio 2. Nice.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
The midfield domination is a good call and I agree that Croatia probably have the best combination in the tournament. And let's not argue about little things on such a glorious night :lolol:

I think my clumsy, three pints down, point is that no matter what happens with team selection there were errors tonight that were so uncharacteristically Argentinian (and as you point out we've seen it in our own team). If the final policy of a calamitous campaign is to select the "best" players for the sake of it then those players looked technically inept tonight.

Believe it or not I backed the Argies to win as part of a treble today because I got evens on them. That, to me, was basically a 50/50 shout on Messi winning it by himself or not. I thought they represented value - the Argentina of yesteryear would have been long odds on against Croatia. I'm absolutely delighted to have been done at the post. I’d never have backed them for the tournament. As [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] says they were stupidly short given their qualifying.

If they've any sense they'll use this as an opportunity for a massive clear out

they looked overwhelmed and therefore disinterested ......good to see maradonna choking in the crowd.....cheating ****

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
All the experts in the know said the same as you.

It was only a few lazy BBC / ITV commentators, who very boringly tried to turn this WC into a shoot out between Messi and Ronaldo.

It was more a reply to the negative people on here who said the Argentina side was miles ahead of England - when it wasn’t.

As [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] pointed out the goalkeepers are the worst in the entire World Cup.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
I apologise if I stereotyped a country that does a con trick. However, I would never ever make a racist remark about someone's skin colour or say they look like so and so.

Being compared to that idiot, Alan Sugar, is a bit hurtful. But I am truly sorry if you or anyone else was offended by my post. I hope we can draw a line under it now.

I was just being sarcastic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here