Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Try manufacturer's websites or Ebay for refurbished/ "like new" models that may be ex-demo or simply exchanged by customers for a different device. An easy way of getting decent spec, at a good price and still be assured of top quality.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Dont buy from Currys they are way overpriced plenty of good deals on https://www.newegg.com/global/uk

0 Not allowed!
      I bought HP laptop for my daughter for her home work. Decent amount of memory and intel i5 processor. It has been fine, until I tried to update to the latest windows 10 update, I use a dell with an ssd drive for work. The speed of my daughters laptop was driving me nuts. I swapped out the hard drive for an ssd drive and it now works like a dream. Fast and quiet. The problem with hp home laptops is changing the hard drive is a complete dismantling job. Unlike the the dells I worked with in the past, to swap the drive all you had to do was undo a couple of screws and the disk slides out of the side.

If I was to buy her another laptop I would by a second hand business computer, probably get a better built and easier to maintain and good spec for the same price.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by TheJasperCo View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Try manufacturer's websites or Ebay for refurbished/ "like new" models that may be ex-demo or simply exchanged by customers for a different device. An easy way of getting decent spec, at a good price and still be assured of top quality.
      Budget and spec isnt really the biggest issue I think), an I3 would be plenty, a 128gb SSD would do fine for storage, ie dont need a TB or anything.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by maffew View Post
      Not out the question on budget for one of the 3, I'll check it out thanks (the budgets are all separate pretty much so flexibility is ok a little). What would make the Tablet you mention better in your opinion than the one I posted to warrant the little extra?
      Thinner, lighter, higher resolution, more RAM, faster CPU, more internal memory, better cameras. Now depending on what you're doing, that might not all matter too much, but I felt it was worth it (for my kids, not me).

A different option is the Lenovo Tab 3 Yoga plus. It has a built in stand, which makes it heavier and more suitable for sitting on a table. But it's great for videos - higher resolution, and the best speakers. We didn't go for it as the kids will spend more time holding their tablets, rather than at a desk.
      Hold tight, my man
      He's got the frisbee
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
      Thinner, lighter, higher resolution, more RAM, faster CPU, more internal memory, better cameras. Now depending on what you're doing, that might not all matter too much, but I felt it was worth it (for my kids, not me).

A different option is the Lenovo Tab 3 Yoga plus. It has a built in stand, which makes it heavier and more suitable for sitting on a table. But it's great for videos - higher resolution, and the best speakers. We didn't go for it as the kids will spend more time holding their tablets, rather than at a desk.
      decisions decision. Some reading to do I think. I have found the Tab4+ for 169.99, the Yoga ones are a bit out of budget

0 Not allowed!
      decisions decision. Some reading to do I think.
      Yep.
      I have found the Tab4+ for 169.99
      That's a bargain, where?
      the Yoga ones are a bit out of budget
      They come down in price sometimes, they're all last year's models.
      Hold tight, my man
      He's got the frisbee
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Yep.
      That's a bargain, where?
      They come down in price sometimes, they're all last year's models.
      Tab4 was Currys I think, but a couple of places came up with that. Only thing is (this ones for me I think) is I cant decide 8 or 10". Other requirement I half forgot about is the screen is gonna get tapped (of course it is). More than normal. As its gonna be my chess machine so want one which the screen is nicely cleanable of finger marks, thats important! Still swaying towards my earlier model, as friend as one and the sound is superb. Decisions decision

0 Not allowed!
      Tab4 was Currys I think
      Ah, you meant the 8". I got the 10" for £189 from Currys.

Decisions decision
      Pop to a shop and try them side by side.
      Hold tight, my man
      He's got the frisbee
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Ah, you meant the 8". I got the 10" for £189 from Currys.

Pop to a shop and try them side by side.
      Actually I didnt mean the 8" I didnt know, I just googled the T4+ and it came up with the 8" at that price (and it was kind of near to the price you mentioned). Yeah I have few days to decide so reckon I might go try before I (dont) buy unless they price match. Very excited (sad I know, I have been waiting a looong time for this treat for myself so dont want to just impulse buy hence opinions necesssary)

And the head phones down to 30 squid in HMV look the bees knees. Budget done pretty much