Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Preston Park Rockery

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Used to go a lot when I was a kid but not been back for quite a while.

It really is looking fantastic and back to its former glory. I will be making a visit on my next trip to Brighton.

Thanks Jevs for a bloody great job; you have your legacy!

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I love that pic. What are those orangey coloured chaps in the bottom left hand corner called? You can tell l'm a gardener can't you! :dunce:

The Community Pay-back Team!

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Thank you for all the nice comments, there's virtually wall to wall colour from now to the first frosts. The garden is in it's "romantic" phase at the moment with lots of pastel colours with the Penstemons, Rock Roses, Campanula and Lavender all in flower. Soon, all the hot colours from the Helenium, Rudbeckia, Phlox, Echinacea and Russian Sage will take over and the garden becomes lovely and bright.

For those asking, the garden's 2.4 acres but we stay down the bottom when I give the tours. There is obviously the chance to walk round all the areas before or after.

I had no idea it went back so far. You do a fantastic job and what a fantastic job you have :thumbsup:

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
Yes please! Anytime next w/e, let's get a group together. It's been 45 + years since I last visited. It looks absolutely stunning, well done Jevs & team. Just brilliant.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I did visit a couple of weeks ago and the place was blooming; couldn't see any staff around to thank them though; enjoying a well earned rest no doubt.

I had forgotten how steep some of it is though!! Only disappointment was to see so much crap people had left lying about - the selfish ********.

Compared to how badly Preston Park has been let go, the Rockery must be the crowning glory in B&H's gardens now. I would recommend it to all as well worth a visit.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
I walked past there yesterday, still looking good, don't know how, everywhere else is parched

We're lucky enough to use the underground river (Wellsbourne) and so have an almost unlimited water supply. Despite having sprinklers on the plant beds most days, some of the plants are definately struggling.

IMG_6574.JPG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here