Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion sign keeper Jason Steele from Sunderland

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
An odd move, He must realise he isn't likely to play any part unless Ryan is injured.

I'm more than happy with just 2 goalkeepers over the age of 23. an additional place in the squad for an outfield player would be much more beneficial

isn't ryan off with oz in jan/ if so thats a decent reason.

bloody keyboard playing up again

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Tim Krul was such a good keeper a few years ago, I thought he end up as Newcastle number 1, strange how things work out, he's only 30 as well.It's going to be hard for anyone to replace Ryan though he is such a good keeper very underrated.

Have been impressed with Tim Krul over the years and pleased he ended up with us, so disappointed to learn we are letting him go

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Has Tim left then? We're still in talks with him the last I heard

Can’t see him staying to be one of 4 keepers myself. Walton to become number 2/cup keeper I reckons.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Mentality makes all the difference as a keeper and it can't have been nice for him being at a club in turmoil where the fans seemingly despised him.

Maybe being at a club that isn't a total basket case, with a world-class setup and stable ownership/management could rejuvenate him.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Have been impressed with Tim Krul over the years and pleased he ended up with us, so disappointed to learn we are letting him go

We aren't "letting him go". His one-year contract has expired. We are in talks with him to extend his deal, but other clubs are also talking to him.

He reportedly wants to play, which is one thing we cannot guarantee him.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I think hes a good signing if he is a free transfer and Tim Krul stays. If Tim goes and we buy Button for £4m like rumours say, then I think our goalkeeping situation isn't as good as last year, which is a shame as we are going to need our understudies this season.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
He will probably play a fair bit when Ryan is away over the New Year for the Asian Cup with Australia.

Ben Roberts is a brilliant coach who has helped make, Stockdale, Pope, Walton and Ryan top class. He will work his magic and get Steele back in form for us. I am sure Roberts may be a big reason he signed for us.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I predict he'll be our third choice keeper and we'll never see him play. Couldn't care less about this signing TBH

This. Back-up FA Cup keeper. We will only see him in the league if Ryan is on international duty in the Asian championship and our other keeper picks up a knock.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
It will be telling whether Walton goes on a full season or half season loan. If it's half season, I reckon he will be the running to cover Ryan in the Asian championship. Full season and I reckon it will be Krul or ANO

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It will be telling whether Walton goes on a full season or half season loan. If it's half season, I reckon he will be the running to cover Ryan in the Asian championship. Full season and I reckon it will be Krul or ANO

Having seen Walton live and Steele on telly it had just better not be Steele. He doesn't look fit to lace Walton's boots and Walton represents a serious long term punt on our behalf. I'm fairly staggered and totally underwhlemed by this sigining TBH.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Having seen Walton live and Steele on telly it had just better not be Steele. He doesn't look fit to lace Walton's boots and Walton represents a serious long term punt on our behalf. I'm fairly staggered and totally underwhlemed by this sigining TBH.

this.... really don't get this signing .

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Put it this way.........at this stage in their development do we want Walton or Sanchez kicking their heels on the bench or out getting some game-time and experience? We needed to replace Maenpaa.

at what point does Walton become part of the first team as we have signed him on a 3 year deal.?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here