Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bernardo - Brazilian defender SIGNS from RB Leipzig

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Based on the youtube video he looks like a left back who uses his right foot a lot. Hopefully that's because he's two footed rather than actually right footed. Loves a slide tackle which I'm always a fan of.

What I find interesting in that article is the absolute delight that they'll be able to get near 10 million for him whereas for us anything under 10 million seems cheap. So a deal should be perfectly doable.

I am in on Brazilian Bernie.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Based on the youtube video he looks like a left back who uses his right foot a lot. Hopefully that's because he's two footed rather than actually right footed. Loves a slide tackle which I'm always a fan of.

What I find interesting in that article is the absolute delight that they'll be able to get near 10 million for him whereas for us anything under 10 million seems cheap. So a deal should be perfectly doable.

I am in on Brazilian Bernie.

The video has been mirrored, he is actually a right back using his left foot.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think he might be a bit too flair for us and he’s a defender so he’ll be shit at that but great going forward. NOT a CH type player I imagine.

Err Hughton signed Schelotto?!?! Admittedly two lunatic full backs in one team might be too much.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Err Hughton signed Schelotto?!?! Admittedly two lunatic full backs in one team might be too much.

I don’t happen to think Schelotto is a shit defender, he had quite a few very good games, these have all been forgotten now because he had a couple of bad ones and Bruno came back imperious as ever :smile:

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Ele e muinto bom......
Inscreva ja!
Born in São Paulo, 1.83m tall, two footed, plays as a midfielder and left back. Started with Osasco, signed for Red Bull Brazil, transferred to RBL. His dad was Bernardo who was a very decent player.
No chance..... although money talks!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I don’t happen to think Schelotto is a shit defender, he had quite a few very good games, these have all been forgotten now because he had a couple of bad ones and Bruno came back imperious as ever :smile:

He's a lunatic defender with a bizarre style - he's gone from bad defensively to alright - still dreadful positionally at times, whilst going from ok attacking wise to very good.

Brazilian full backs can also be decent defensively whilst a bit mad.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Yes. Guy called Branco or something like that

Raphael Rossi Branco - never played a first team game, and ended up playing at Swindon under Luke Williams, with half a dozen of our cast-offs.

His agent in Brazil knew Gus Poyet, which is how he came to be here in the first place. He came over and did well and Albion wanted to sign him. He had to go back to Brazil to sort out his European (Italian) passport. He returned to Albion but it took months before his passport was ready - when it eventually was, the club he had been registered with in Brazil demanded compensation that Albion were unwilling to pay and so he never actually signed.

He returned once again to Brazil but still harboured hopes of playing in England. Charlie Oatway recommended him to Whitehawk manager Darren Freeman (apparently he could play at that level without compensation being due to his former Brazilian club). He helped the Hawks win the Ryman Premier League in 2012-13 and then earned his chance at Swindon (where Luke Williams had just been appointed as first-team coach).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here