Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bernardo - Brazilian defender SIGNS from RB Leipzig

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I want him to move onto better things in the long term. He cost us £9m we need to at the very least recoup that. So he needs to do well for us and then move on in 2 or 3 seasons time. Thats the way we should be doing things to survive in this League. It's not just about buying players but selling them as-well.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Wow is this guy another cocky locadia ?! Actually he's worse. Locadia was good at PSV. Bernardo failed to fulfil his potential at Leipzig, left under a cloud and still managed to manafacture a move to the premier league.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I felt sorry for the guy making his Prem debut and having to switch to right back after 18 mins - not ideal.

Yes, this. I was surprised he got switched when Balogun was on the bench.

Very unfair to make any judgement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I want him to move onto better things in the long term. He cost us £9m we need to at the very least recoup that. So he needs to do well for us and then move on in 2 or 3 seasons time. Thats the way we should be doing things to survive in this League. It's not just about buying players but selling them as-well.

Maybe - but this is a team game.

What sort of message does it send to your fellow players if you do an interview just after you’ve joined saying you regard the club as a stepping stone?

Sure everyone wants to move on to better things but show some respect to the organisation that’s spent £9m buying you.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Think we need to have a bit of a reality check here. This guy is someone who has played for a successful Bundesliga side in the Champions League and is still young. Of course his aim is to go onto bigger and better things. We'd all like that to be with the Albion but in truth, it probably won't be. If he helps us to a semi-successful season and a top-6 team pay a load of money for him we can replace him and still make a profit. That's going to be the reality of how "exciting" transfers work whilst we are part of the bottom ten PL clubs.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
"Of course my total focus is on Brighton for now, I have a commitment to my team, we have our targets. But of course, I have my dreams, I have my goals, that is to go from here to a better place, and I think the Premier League is a good platform for this."

Heads out your asses lads, nothing wrong with what the kid is saying.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
More than happy with players to be playing at the highest level.
It means they have ambition and the only way they are going to get there is to perform.
This means we get the best out of the player and it helps make us successful.
Player moves on, we cash in and Mr Winstanley does his job.
Me and son met him yesterday outside the club shop and he was a delight with all the kids.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Maybe - but this is a team game.

What sort of message does it send to your fellow players if you do an interview just after you’ve joined saying you regard the club as a stepping stone?

Sure everyone wants to move on to better things but show some respect to the organisation that’s spent £9m buying you.

I hope they all see us as a stepping stone. I'm sure they ain't here as they had a desire to play for us as a kid. I also hope they grow to love the club as well.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I hope they all see us as a stepping stone. I'm sure they ain't here as they had a desire to play for us as a kid. I also hope they grow to love the club as well.

I'm also sure Tony Bloom hopes they all see us as a stepping stone, as well.
Yet it's not acceptable for some fans, odd.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Completely harmless comments by Bernardo.

He now needs to prove himself regularly in PL matches for the Albion, over a sustained period, to be of interest to other clubs. In which case the Albion have necessarily gained by having had an outstanding performer in vital PL games.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Harmless comments ... probably not the best time to say it after recently signing & your debut which was best described as 'not a great performance' ... though not to single him out as the team failed as a team

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Don't like the interview , yeah players think it but until you've proven anything its a bit disrespectful. Especially as had a stinker on Saturday.

All be forgotten if steps up but things like this make it harder for him as fans will be on his back a lot quicker now.

All he's done is given himself less leeway to settle in.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here