Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bernardo - Brazilian defender SIGNS from RB Leipzig

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Selective text from the second tweet, despite his inability to impress for RB Leipzig, he has amazing potential.

Yep. there's lots of praise for him, and clearly he has potential according to many pieces/writers here and thither, but interesting that it was (probably) a difficult season last year which is what i was highlighting. Any more info on that out there ? .

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Leipzig were 6th I think last year so must have fair bit of quality. Has plenty of appearances in the Bundesliga to suggest he could be a very decent signing.

Defence sorted and looks stronger with better options.
Up front is sorted , looks stronger with better options.

Midfield is the still to be sorted. I don't think Stephens or Proper scored in the league so this is something to address. It would be harsh on either for them to drop out but to evolve this is what happens. Besides they would still get plenty of game time even if we signed an Elite CM player.
Possibly Max Sanders to be promoted at some point ?

Out wide we need 1 or possibly 2 more . Hopefully South African guy is one.

If we signed nobody else then reckon still have a good season. Midfield would have to be lucky with injuries again so that would be main concern for me.

Will be more incoming anyway so all positive here !

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Yep. there's lots of praise for him, and clearly he has potential according to many pieces/writers here and thither, but interesting that it was (probably) a difficult season last year which is what i was highlighting. Any more info on that out there ? .

Was man of the match twice in 17 appearances last season.

In my mind he is already the new Carlos Alberto.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Looks like a good signing. A genuine utility player who not only can play three different positions but actually has. FB depth has now been considerably deepened with Bernardo covering both positions and also providing back up to Stephens and Pröpper. Squad looking stronger than the one we started with last season and we can get a full summer of training in for the new boys.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Midfield is the still to be sorted. I don't think Stephens or Proper scored in the league so this is something to address. It would be harsh on either for them to drop out but to evolve this is what happens. Besides they would still get plenty of game time even if we signed an Elite CM player.
Possibly Max Sanders to be promoted at some point ?

We absolutely are still short of a centre midfielder, to replace Steve Sidwell in the pack of four. Stephens, Propper and Kayal plus one more - hopefully more than just a back-up, though.

We were, as you say, very lucky with injuries in that area last season.

Behind the three, right now, we have Gross or Bernardo (outside of their favoured positions) or Molumby, then Sanders, stepping up.

It is (along with #2 keeper) the obvious remaining hole in the squad.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Will one of the conditions of his contract be that we are re-named Red Bull Brighton? He obviously likes Red Bull teams...

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Will one of the conditions of his contract be that we are re-named Red Bull Brighton? He obviously likes Red Bull teams...

Red Bull Brighton once the Amex deal has expired?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well I for one am going to mercilessly boo him.

I don't know why yet, but I'm sure a bloody reason will come to me from reports of the AFC Wimbledon game.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Suttner / Bong replacement?

I hate the idea of either player being 'replaced' as you put it. For my money at least neither Marcus Suttner nor Gaetan Bong were out of their depth. Now if you were to say addition to, then l might agree!

The added bonus with Bernardo though is that he can play on the right too, so who knows, maybe in time he could prove to be Bruno's replacement.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here