Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bernardo - Brazilian defender SIGNS from RB Leipzig

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Predominantly right footed but gonna be a left back mmmm..

Edit - Bundasliga article says left footed - certainly uses both but seemed more comfortable on his right in the video...

The video has been mirrored. He's a right back who is left footed in the video, despite the way it looks.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Which mod's on thread title changing duty? I've been on NSC at regular intervals throughout the day and have only just found out we've signed this guy after seeing it on the BBC website!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Super excited about this one. Think he's as good as we have starting already at a bunch of positions. Deffo not a reserve (outside the matchday 18) from day one!

Think we'll pick up Tau as the 4th choice winger with potential, a HGP keeper as cheap as we can (though why not try and loan a PL youngster for a month at the right time if not using our own), but then the only other signing should be some elite level CM. If we can't then Bernardo might see time there but I'm sure the plan must be to ditch Suttner. Not been dreadful by any means just Bong stepped up so well and Suttner won't get much better at this stage by sitting in the stands.

More than 3 more in sounds ambitious to me.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So from what I can gather he can play right back, left back, centreback, defensive midfield, quarterback, wide receiver, short stop, 2nd baseman, scrum half, and can open the batting for Yorkshire.

Sounds decent.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Super excited about this one. Think he's as good as we have starting already at a bunch of positions. Deffo not a reserve (outside the matchday 18) from day one!

Think we'll pick up Tau as the 4th choice winger with potential, a HGP keeper as cheap as we can (though why not try and loan a PL youngster for a month at the right time if not using our own), but then the only other signing should be some elite level CM. If we can't then Bernardo might see time there but I'm sure the plan must be to ditch Suttner. Not been dreadful by any means just Bong stepped up so well and Suttner won't get much better at this stage by sitting in the stands.

More than 3 more in sounds ambitious to me.

Yep. Sounds like we're looking for a HGP defender and a winger. With a CM as a bonus.
IMHO it's been a good Summer.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
wow, a Brazilian in nan Albion shirt, just itching to see that

Will cost you a lot of money to have his name printed on a shirt. It would take up the entire back

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
So from what I can gather he can play right back, left back, centreback, defensive midfield, quarterback, wide receiver, short stop, 2nd baseman, scrum half, and can open the batting for Yorkshire.

Sounds decent.

Sounds like our version of Zaha

phoenix

May 18, 2009
So he;s signed then, Good.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Sounds decent.

But can he play left back........ oh, That's in there!👍👍

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Will cost you a lot of money to have his name printed on a shirt. It would take up the entire back

Bernardo will be his name in a similar way to Bruno (whose name is a lot longer in reality).
Last year the club charged £12 for the name regardless of the number of letters.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bernardo will be his name in a similar way to Bruno (whose name is a lot longer in reality).
Last year the club charged £12 for the name regardless of the number of letters.

So who's this Fernandes da Silva Junior chap?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Welcome Bernardo to our club. So excited to have a Brazilian player in our squad. He seems to be saying he is mainly a LB in his Argus article, so that suggests we still need a CM IMHO...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Fantastic news he looks the buissness welcome to the club Bernardo, I had a feeling we were going to sign him last night there was something in the air that night the stars were bright

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here