Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bernardo - Brazilian defender SIGNS from RB Leipzig

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I have previously said that he looks lost at right back being left footed but then Paul Watson was left footed and better at right back than left.

Can be the way with some players. On the evidence of only his Albion career, Rosenior was a better left back than right back, too.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
"Of course my total focus is on Brighton for now, I have a commitment to my team, we have our targets. But of course, I have my dreams, I have my goals, that is to go from here to a better place, and I think the Premier League is a good platform for this."

Heads out your asses lads, nothing wrong with what the kid is saying.

Totally agree, not a problem with me. All our players would move to a top 6 club in the premiership if they could and to top clubs in Europe. Nothing wrong in ambition and you highlighted the best part of his quote. If he had not said this it may have been different.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I disagree and IMHO was better at right back by a long way.but it is all about opinions.

Fair enough. You're entitled to that opinion - though I look forward to your examples of the games you feel he excelled at right back.

I can only recall him playing there a few times, and he was pretty poor from what I recall. I was really surprised, because I liked him a lot at left back, so when he finally had the chance to play on his 'proper side' I was expecting him to be great.

but he wasn't.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Is it just me or do all the players who come here and say it's a dream come true to be playing in the PL all do quite well and those who come here saying that Brighton is a stepping stone to bigger things all end up being shite?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Is it just me or do all the players who come here and say it's a dream come true to be playing in the PL all do quite well and those who come here saying that Brighton is a stepping stone to bigger things all end up being shite?

I can’t recall, but did Bridcutt and Buckley make statements, long before their eventual departures?

I realise they both got very rich once they escaped our clutches, but crikey their football nose-dived.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I absolutely have no problem with him wanting to better his career. The timing however seems slightly strange. Also I can't imagine the club being too thrilled with him saying stuff like this in public.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Bit of a fuss over nothing. Bloke says something in an interview, after his first game at his new club, in a new league. If he turns out to be gash, then he looks a bit foolish, but if he's a world-beater then damn right we can be used as a stepping stone and make a tidy profit from him. To be honest, it's in his interest to be the best he can be for the Albion to GET to a higher level, so I don't think they'll be any doubt of a lack of effort.

Totally unfair to judge his ability on one game (look at Pröpper v Man City), but – sadly – standard around here from some people.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Most sentiment on here is that if Dunk was offered a deal by a top 6 club we’d be sad to see him go, but we’d
accept it because it’d be potentially the right thing for him to further his career, and he’s ‘one of our own’. It’s no different for any other player........whether they can make it is another question. Glad he’s ambitious at least.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here