Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Burnley's EUROPA League campaign starts in......

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
A fixture like this makes me very excited for the new football season.

The World Cup is great entertainment (at times) but this tie will have both sets of fans buzzing. Whenever I see a Scottish ground on Sky or BBC Alba I think "I'd love to visit that stadium". Pittodrie looks a typical ground of great character, seeing three of the four stands. It's not that far from Burnley and the TV companies will want to show this.

Hard to pick a winner but Burnley might just show that bit more class. Wouldn't rule out the Dons with Adam Rooney, Niall McGinn and Andrew Considine (they're all ginger!)

Much better a trip to Macedonia or Azerbajian , I'd be gutted when we qualify next season we end up with a Jocko team or an Irish team. The whole idea is an expedition to somewhere new and an adventure not jump on an Easyjet for an hour

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Fair play, didn't know that. Reached quarter-finals both times, beat Napoli too...

heady days

Probably should have won that European Cup quarter-final against Hamburg after leading 3-0 in the first leg.

Uwe Seeler, Germany's CF in the 1966 World Cup final, inspired Hamburg in 2nd leg.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I think that's a good draw really. Means more Burnley fans can travel, and as a neutral, a 'Battle of Britain' is quite appealing to watch on the box.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Not the first time Burnley have been in Europe...it will be third.

A trip to Aberdeen is hardly glamorous, but the alternatives we could have got were not particularly appealing....Armenia, Bosnia, Kazakhstan, Liechtenstein, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Albania.

I suppose Cyprus is OK but it is Famagusta (the non-touristyTurkish part with a heavy military presence).
In that case, apologies, you are old hands and enjoy your campaign!

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Great fixture. No idea why some of you clueless fools dish it. Would love to play a Scottish club in Europe. Would much rather that than some obscure pointless European club

F*ck me, who put a stick up your arse. Why "clueless fools"? It's a football forum, all about opinions you know!:shrug:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Much better a trip to Macedonia or Azerbajian , I'd be gutted when we qualify next season we end up with a Jocko team or an Irish team. The whole idea is an expedition to somewhere new and an adventure not jump on an Easyjet for an hour

They'll beat Aberdeen about 4-2 on aggregate and then draw a Swedish or Danish side in all probability. That would be a dream for me. Not travelling on a ten-hour flight to a country that may be hostile to visitors and an unsafe stadium with wooden seats that may collapse.

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
Durlston;8494556 Not travelling on a ten-hour flight to a country that may be hostile to visitors and an unsafe stadium with wooden seats that may collapse.[/QUOTE said:
Completely disagree. When the mighty Wanderers qualified for Europe, our first trip was to Bulgaria & the culture shock / difference was what made it such a fantastic experience........drawing a Scottish club would have been a huge anti climax.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAcXVK-69j4

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Those that think it is a great draw for Burnley are misguided imo. In terms of the place, lovely though it is (and I really love Scotland) it wouldn't be exactly exotic. I think if you're in Europe for the first time, Scotland is not the place one dreams of.

Absolutely. I'd be gutted if that was us. You wait however many years to have a stab at playing in Europe and you draw a team in the most inhospitable city on this rock a few hours up the road.

That said I doubt many people in Burnley have passports so they'll probably be pleased.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
What dose it matter very few Burnley fans travel to away games.

That is such a riduculous remark - I don't know whether I should take it seriously or not.

Just for you, Brighton were one of the few clubs who did not have a full away section at Turf Moor last season. On a par with Watford & Swansea. Even plucky little Bournemouth had more in a meaningless last game of season.:)

Pot, kettle and black.;)

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
That is such a riduculous remark - I don't know whether I should take it seriously or not.

Just for you, Brighton were one of the few clubs who did not have a full away section at Turf Moor last season. On a par with Watford & Swansea. Even plucky little Bournemouth had more in a meaningless last game of season.:)

Pot, kettle and black.;)

Have a pop at someone's silly remark then follow it up with one of your own.... nice one

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

Pot, kettle and black.;)

Probably says more about the attraction of going to Burnley to be honest... Our away support was magnificent last season as always! I went to Burnley again and enjoyed the beers in the cricket club before hand... then the football ruined it!

SAC

May 21, 2014
If I were a Burnley fan, I'd be very happy with Aberdeen. Pretty easy draw without a massive outlay for travel etc and still the likelihood of a proper European awayday in the next round.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I would have thought the average Burnley fan would have had their fingers crossed for a team in Serbia, Bulgaria or Croatia. Or anywhere where Neo-Nazism and racism is embraced rather than condemned. They could have all had a good old fashioned book burning.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here