Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Diving , play acting , face contorting

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
It really is embarrassing now. The Iranian players dropping like flies every time a breeze brushes past them. Really is pathetic. Would they fall down in a pub like this if someone almost touched them.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It really is embarrassing now. The Iranian players dropping like flies every time a breeze brushes past them. Really is pathetic. Would they fall down in a pub like this if someone almost touched them.

Worse than a Tunisian or Portugese bunch of cheats, with intent to get Spanish players sent off for nowt.

The 2 ITV clowns won't say anything.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I can’t remember watching such a cheating bunch of thugs as this Iranian team. If they get through the group it will be one of the biggest injustices in world football. Are they coached by Blatter!
Why the refs are being so lenient on cautioning players I have no idea.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The Iranians are spending a lot of time on their arses,you can't win a game from there.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The lads in the ITV studio are happy to call it as it is though.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It’s always the same countries and cultures. Got to remember it’s a way of life in many and they think we’re the odd ones for not accepting!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I can’t remember watching such a cheating bunch of thugs as this Iranian team. If they get through the group it will be one of the biggest injustices in world football. Are they coached by Blatter!
Why the refs are being so lenient on cautioning players I have no idea.

Eh? Have you forgotten Monday night already?!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

They wouldn’t be in a pub...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Things like taking one for the team, time-wasting and so on are blatant, obvious and punishable (if the ref wishes to do so). Diving / play acting is to con the ref. So, I do feel as though there is a difference.

But that doesn't make any sense. Firstly, time wasting is criticised along with diving, yet you've paired it with 'taking one for the team' which is not. Secondly, you point to taking one for the team being obvious, if it's so easy to see why is it praised rather than receiving the sort of criticism we save for 'johnny foreigner and his play acting'. Thirdly, some dives are just as obvious, some 'taking one for the team' are well disguised - and players deny everything, even the most blatant fouls, so these taking one for the team still involve trying to deceive the ref.

All are forms of cheating. All can be easy to spot, or well concealed by experienced cheat.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Footballers certainly aren't made of the same stuff they used to be, that's for sure ...

2014: Naymer collapses to the turf after a Columbian centre half "looks at him a bit funny."

1989: England's Terry Butcher plays on against Sweden, despite his head being severed and sewn back on with garden twine.

Attachments

• neymar1.jpg
    neymar1.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 185
  • butcher.jpg
    butcher.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
[tweet]1009437783491039233[/tweet]

The odious Pepe up to his usual tricks today. Unreal.

I really hope someone properly maims him one day.

If only an opposing player would give him something to really cry about .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
The sooner a player is straight red carded for blatant diving , the better , horrible part of the game that football in general seems quite happy to let it carry on .

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
The evidence is there, just need retrospective action. Maybe other countries don't see it as a problem?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
As suggested earlier, it should be looked at retrospectively and yellow cards issued as needed.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
My "favourite" of all time is Diego Simeone after Beckham's cheeky flick at him from the deck. He would've been sent off anyway, why show the entire world outside of Argentina what a complete arseberry you are?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here