Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] female commentator?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
She is awful. Unreal - England has had all the masculinity knocked out of it.....men are now pussy whipped limp-wristed slaves to their bosses and wives......scared to say anything to anyone. Currently being trained to love trannys.

So glad I don't live there.

Female commentator on the world cup? lol....it has to be a joke.

You pitiful joke of an individual. And I'm talking the worst of that ilk here...

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
If I said 'she's female and rubbish' that would be sexist.
If I said a certain male commentator was rubbish many would agree but it wouldn't be sexist.
I'm afraid her voice sent me crazy. She was good, no doubt done her homework and knew all the players by sight, but her voice just drove me nuts.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patreon
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
We currently have one on Fox doing the WC games, Aly something. She is honestly woeful, apparently she has been labeled a really poor commentator in MLS and lower league games in the US but she got the gig anyway. I think as more women move into these roles we can get good ones but for now we just have to deal with awful ones to hit the diversity quota.

All Wagner is the one. In the England game she referred to “ the Spurs” when talking about Harry K. :facepalm:

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
If I said 'she's female and rubbish' that would be sexist.
If I said a certain male commentator was rubbish many would agree but it wouldn't be sexist.
I'm afraid her voice sent me crazy. She was good, no doubt done her homework and knew all the players by sight, but her voice just drove me nuts.

This

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
It doesn't make any difference if male or female, it just depends if they know what they're talking about and if they have an annoying voice or not. The 2 guys commentating in Japanese for the Portugal v Morocco game on TV Asahi last night were feckin terrible as they must've said Cristiano Ronaldo about 300 times during play. They're obsessed, they would just randomly say his name when he was nowhere near the ball, they were banging on about all these celebrity things, what he did last week, what he might do in his free time next week etc, very little about football and they would just not shut up. I'd take said bird over them any day.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Could not find a bikini clad version so this will have to do! personally I did not hear her commantate so can't give an opinion, but I have no problems with females in football at all.

Edit; sorry I meant to quote an earlier post where someone said this is no good without pics etc!!

female comm.jpg

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Patrice Evra tonight had no idea that Iran's next game was their third and last in the group stage. Slouching ignoramous. And he's not even a woman. What's going on?????

Some of the pundits in this WC are atrocious. Evra seems completely clueless but Didier Drogba looked totally lost as well. The only ones who seem to talk with any authority are the two women (they've both clearly done a lot of homework) and Ferdinand - although I like Bilic, he's entertaining at least.

And the summarisers seem witless. Keown's good but Murphy and Hoddle are shockingly bad. I'd say they should only use centre backs but Lawro is well past his sell-by date. Bring back Mick McCarthy, we need someone who can call a spade a bloody shovel.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Not really a problem. OK ish I suppose. What and Who I do have a problem with is the likes of Radcliffe and Lewis providing analysis on Athletics. Absolute refusal to criticise or say anything controversial at all. It is always.."Wretched luck with injuries in the last 12 months" or "its been some journey they have been on.."

Never do I hear "They need to take a long hard look in the mirror" or "They are never likely to make it at this level".

Drives me crackers...

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
women commentators not a problem for me, the one who does the cricket's good as well. What gets my goat is that for one of the games, we had a Swede, a Croatian and an obnoxious sexist Frenchman on the studio panel.....

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
There is enough Women's football for the ladies to commentate on , does not sound right with the men's game . Sorry just does not .

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
She is awful. Unreal - England has had all the masculinity knocked out of it.....men are now pussy whipped limp-wristed slaves to their bosses and wives......scared to say anything to anyone. Currently being trained to love trannys.

So glad I don't live there.

Female commentator on the world cup? lol....it has to be a joke.

And where are you anyway? I'll put it on my list of places to avoid. Are you connected to Islamic State?

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
A large portion of the co-comms and main commentators at this world cup have been awful. What difference does it make if one of the awful ones has a vagina?

I actually think Ally McCoist has been really good this world cup. Calming and jovial with the odd anecdote here and there triggering a nostalgic feeling. Alex Scott has also been great for the BBC.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
women commentators not a problem for me, the one who does the cricket's good as well.

Which one? Alison Mitchell or Elizabeth Ammon? They're both pretty good.

Best of all is the one who comes over with the Windies - Donna Symmonds - a voice like liquid honey

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here