Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Baaaald View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Haven’t been on NSC for a couple of months although feels like I’ve logged back in to 1981. ��
    Yup, I know what you mean. I had no problem with her at all, she seemed to do a reasonable job, better than some.
    Tricky-Art for perusal at your leisure. Warning : No Albion content (yet - maybe sometime)

http://www.painters-online.co.uk/artist/TrickyDicky

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      Patrice Evra tonight had no idea that Iran's next game was their third and last in the group stage. Slouching ignoramous. And he's not even a woman. What's going on??
      Some of the pundits in this WC are atrocious. Evra seems completely clueless but Didier Drogba looked totally lost as well. The only ones who seem to talk with any authority are the two women (they've both clearly done a lot of homework) and Ferdinand - although I like Bilic, he's entertaining at least.

And the summarisers seem witless. Keown's good but Murphy and Hoddle are shockingly bad. I'd say they should only use centre backs but Lawro is well past his sell-by date. Bring back Mick McCarthy, we need someone who can call a spade a bloody shovel.
      Brevis esse laboro, obscurus fio

0 Not allowed!
      Not really a problem. OK ish I suppose. What and Who I do have a problem with is the likes of Radcliffe and Lewis providing analysis on Athletics. Absolute refusal to criticise or say anything controversial at all. It is always.."Wretched luck with injuries in the last 12 months" or "its been some journey they have been on.."

Never do I hear "They need to take a long hard look in the mirror" or "They are never likely to make it at this level".

Drives me crackers...
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      women commentators not a problem for me, the one who does the cricket's good as well. What gets my goat is that for one of the games, we had a Swede, a Croatian and an obnoxious sexist Frenchman on the studio panel.....

1 Not allowed!
      There is enough Women's football for the ladies to commentate on , does not sound right with the men's game . Sorry just does not .
      I don't count Sheep to fall asleep, I shoot Palace Pikeys and torch their Caravans, one by one , oh what fun !.My blood runs Blue and White since 1963,a proud ex North Stander.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by bhaseeer View Post
      She is awful. Unreal - England has had all the masculinity knocked out of it.....men are now pussy whipped limp-wristed slaves to their bosses and wives......scared to say anything to anyone. Currently being trained to love trannys.

So glad I don't live there.

Female commentator on the world cup? lol....it has to be a joke.
      And where are you anyway? I'll put it on my list of places to avoid. Are you connected to Islamic State?
      "In football, everything is complicated by the presence of the opposing team". Jean-Paul Sartre.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sussex_guy2k2 View Post
      A large portion of the co-comms and main commentators at this world cup have been awful. What difference does it make if one of the awful ones has a vagina?
      I actually think Ally McCoist has been really good this world cup. Calming and jovial with the odd anecdote here and there triggering a nostalgic feeling. Alex Scott has also been great for the BBC.
      Resident Australian Tyrone Biggums's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      I much prefer a posh woman's voice when I'm watching Equestrian at the Olympics. Just don't enjoy it as much when a man calls it.
      It's a marathon, not a sprint.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      The biggest problem with the female commentator of the BBC is I believe she is actually trying to sound like a bloke. She comes across as unnatural because of this.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Blues Rock DJ View Post
      women commentators not a problem for me, the one who does the cricket's good as well.
      Which one? Alison Mitchell or Elizabeth Ammon? They're both pretty good.

Best of all is the one who comes over with the Windies - Donna Symmonds - a voice like liquid honey
      Brevis esse laboro, obscurus fio