Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] female commentator?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Please can you name the good female commentators for me. I haven't experienced a good football one yet.
Please don't get my comment confused with sexism as i believe that female football presenters, reporters and pundits are as good as the men doing the same job.

I'm not necessarily talking about one sport. I've heard some really good female commentators on US and Aussie sports coverages.

Depends on what you require to consider them good?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Load of old Shyte how is a bloke supposed to even understand what she’s banging on about with her well informed player analysis, stick to bloody ironing love and let the jibbering clowns like Lawrenson do the men’s stuff , ffs it’s getting ridiculous next thing you know these educated type women will be calculating orbital re entry algorithms for NASA

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
It's awful isn't it?!

I mean it's not like they can go to school and college and university and study this stuff (just like men can) so they can apply for jobs (just like men can) in the hope of doing something they love for a living (just like men can) is it?!

This country, eh? Back in my day you'd have to walk 40,000 miles in the snow, uphill both ways, before you even saw a woman. Ridiculous.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't think that anyone is (seriously) saying that women are not capable of commentating on football. They clearly are, and are just as qualified to do so as their male counterparts. For me its just an honest preference. I don't like the 'shrillness' of the voice when there's some action on the pitch. Thats not to say I like ALL the male commentators either - Jonathan Pearce absolutely does my swede in. But I just prefer a MAN in the commentary box.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
If a female football commentator challenges your masculinity so much (as it appears to with the OP) then you obviously already have "issues" regarding the subject.

I didn't particularly enjoy her commentary but she was no worse then some other rubbish male commentators that we have to endure (Keown was good btw). Importantly, it didn't make me scared to be a man though.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Bloody awful. Had to watch with the sound off.

PC move to do it but she doesn't have the skills.

Wrong very very wrong

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Red button and put on the five live commentary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to say that's what I did. Nothing against women, but she was awful. Sounded like she was in a bar screaching to her mates her commentary. Five live commentary was much better.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
I thought she was a decent commentator and was pleasantly surprised when I recognised. It really shouldn't be that bigger deal in this day and age but some will hang onto stereotypes... Happy to have diversity in our media and its a nice change from the some the awful male commentators on the go (Michael Owen....)

GM98

Sep 6, 2008
Shoreham
I’d not even noticed until my lad pointed it out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I noticed it, but when my 16 year old daughter said to me why was she on the BBC as she is so bad I didn't really know what to say, apart from I agree.

SAC

May 21, 2014
It's health and safety gawn mad.

If you press the red button, is the radio coverage in time with the TV? I remember doing this with the radio but it was a couple of seconds faster than the TV.

DavePage

She is awful. Unreal - England has had all the masculinity knocked out of it.....men are now pussy whipped limp-wristed slaves to their bosses and wives......scared to say anything to anyone. Currently being trained to love trannys.

So glad I don't live there.

Female commentator on the world cup? lol....it has to be a joke.

Spent most of my youth listening to trannys.
Radio Luxembourg mainly

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Haven't heard this particular one myself yet but it does seem that people get unnecessarily worked up about commentators, and especially co-commentators/summarisers. Very few of them strike me as being particularly good or particularly bad and they do a job that's a lot trickier than it seems.

The pundits in the studio can be woeful though. Lee Dixon and Ian Wright are rubbish.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Alex Scott is one of the best pundits at the World Cup.

I found it quite amusing the other day when she gave detailed accounts of some overseas players and their own particular strengths and weaknesses - her two co-panelists sat back, looking at her in awe and astonishment at the amount of work she must have put in to make sure she did the job properly. Shame they hadn’t!

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
I found it quite amusing the other day when she gave detailed accounts of some overseas players and their own particular strengths and weaknesses - her two co-panelists sat back, looking at her in awe and astonishment at the amount of work she must have put in to make sure she did the job properly. Shame they hadn’t!

Reminded me of Euro 2016, Shearer saying "We don't know too much about Slovenia". Surely to god you should be expected to do some basic research on the subject of your 'expert' anlysis/pundetry ? Alex Scott was certainly a breath of fresh air, albeit only doing what should be expected of a pundit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here