Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] World Cup: Ronaldo v Morocco

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Portugal are a really annoying team. The dictionary definition of a one man team. The sooner they get knocked out the better, IMO.

Agreed. They are basically an International version of Palace - a really poor side being completely carried by ONE player. Take him out and they've got absolutely nothing.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ronaldo with an EPIC dive in the box there, followed by a textbook VARS appeal. I thought players were supposed to be booked for asking for those.

What an odious runt he is.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Ronaldo with an EPIC dive in the box there, followed by a textbook VARS appeal. I thought players were supposed to be booked for asking for those.

What an odious runt he is.

Agreed. Cheating ****.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Feel for Morocco a bit - one of the better sides in the tournament so far.

Maybe they should have tried to find a Moroccan grandad for Glenn Murray.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
<cough> Harry Kane <cough>

That's only because Dunk and Stephens aren't in the team...

Plus we made loads of chances in our game. Portugal have had about five shots total over both their games. They just have Ronaldo, who I have to say is incredibly impressive. He's 33 and should be starting to fade. Instead he's turned himself into a deadly finisher. Most players usually drift back down the pitch as they get older, strikers to midfield, midfield to defence. Ronaldo's gone the other way. Remarkable.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Egypt and Morocco the first 2 sides gone. Looking a poor showing from Africa this time round, sadly.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
<cough> Harry Kane <cough>

Not really. Apart from the two goals (I know, fairly major) Kane was probably one of our worst performers vs Tunisia. Can't say that for Ronaldo's all-round game. If you took him out the Portugal side we'd comfortably beat them.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not really. Apart from the two goals (I know, fairly major) Kane was probably one of our worst performers vs Tunisia. Can't say that for Ronaldo's all-round game. If you took him out the Portugal side we'd comfortably beat them.

Take him out of the side and most teams would, they are woeful. Guerreiro must be one of the worst leftbacks in the tournament, he was absolutely ripped a new one this afternoon. Luckily for Portugal, Morocco's finishing was as bad as Englands.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

LOL, it's a game of opinions and I completely disagree with you. I thought Kane was a constant threat which is why the Tunisians spent most of the night wrestling with him, if he gets injured our tournament is over.

As for beating teams comfortably, we last did that in a tournament 14 years ago (Switzerland) and 16 years ago in a WC (Denmark). It has never been comfortable with England for a very long time.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Err, I thought on the replays it clearly showed that he was kicked?
The tiniest nudge, he wasn't kicked. He went down like Jordan in a Range Rover.

Outclassed by Pepe for cheating (as usual) though.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well, the kick was hard enough to bend his leg, but I'll bow to your superior judgement on cheating. Hope none of the England players go down or you'll be incandescent.

Seriously ? It was the tiniest of nudges, it barely brushed his sock, but he went full-on PLATOON with his dramatic flailing-arms collapse, like he'd been snipered in the small of his back. Pathetic.

He's a great player. Its a shame he also has this streak in him as well.

boik

Seriously ? It was the tiniest of nudges, it barely brushed his sock, but he went full-on PLATOON with his dramatic flailing-arms collapse, like he'd been snipered in the small of his back. Pathetic.

He's a great player. Its a shame he also has this streak in him as well.

Hmmm....I guess if you've already made up your mind. He wasn't scythed down, but there was proper contact. Surely you'd have wanted it if it was against England?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here