Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Alan Sugar in the sh*t !!

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Found some rare film footage of Bushy being interviewed...

PS: Alf, that's what it's like to be cast as a stereotype I guess. Even I don't believe you can't see the racist implications of Sugar's post. You're just fishing with a poisonous rod.

couldnt give a shit that youre supposedly stereotyping me with this bloke , genuinely couldnt are less .

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Piara Powar, executive director of anti-racism group Fare (Football Against Racism in Europe), said Lord Sugar's "stereotyping of a whole race" was "disgraceful and damaging".

"Alan Sugar has deliberately and with racist intent sought to demean a World Cup football team," Powar said.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Stereotypes exist for a reason, whether based upon race, creed, colour, sexuality, politics, geography, history, religion or whatever. It does not make anything 'ist', unless you like to be offended of course?

I'm well aware of why stereotypes exist - they're lazy shorthand. I don't think they're worth perpetuating, unless you have another agenda of course?

And your insinuation that I like to be offended is ludicrous.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
How many times do genuine football fans get annoyed by being stereotyped and treated like they're hooligans? Or every person from Brighton must be a homosexual. Same stereotyping.

in my experience no body particularly gives a shit. Unless its on here when people just seem to get upset on behalf of people who wouldn't even get offended.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
in my experience no body particularly gives a shit. Unless its on here when people just seem to get upset on behalf of people who wouldn't even get offended.

I think people give a shit when you can't go in a pub, or get herded in some direction you didn't want to go, or can't get on a particular train just because you're a football fan.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think people give a shit when you can't go in a pub, or get herded in some direction you didn't want to go, or can't get on a particular train just because you're a football fan.

I accept that’s a price we sometimes pay, don’t like it but what can I do about it? Doesn’t happen that often these days either.

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro

Or watch the match while supping a pint.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
couldnt give a shit that youre supposedly stereotyping me with this bloke , genuinely couldnt are less .

:Lol: Your posting history on nsc says very different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I was outraged once when a black person said to me "don't stay out in the sun too long as you might get sun burn"

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
So a twitter user shouts racist when someone makes a joke about a football team selling sunglasses and handbags on a football pitch in a photo promotion, and then compliments them on their multi tasking and resourcefulness. suddeny twitter and NSC goes into meltdown? This joke would work whatever the colour of the players are.

Sadly we live in an age where being offended on other peoples behalf is fashionable, rather than listen to the people at the end of a smart comment who haven’t even expressed that they feel racially abused. In fact all he did was help the promotion of their sunglasses and handbag range, and the accusations of being a racist has promoted them even further.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here