NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't concur with your detail.

But indirectly the mass unchecked immigration since 1997 (all independent data and graphs show this), eventually caused the mass rise of hard right views across the UK. Not IMO because of the people who came here, but because the UK's infrastructure, schools, hospitals, GP surgeries and very critically housing was and is not there to accomodate the millions.

Ironically, the open door policy of freedom of movement, caused the majority of the country to vote for an end to our membership of the EU.

Hard right was MUCH more mainstream in the mid and late 70s. There were runours of a police state. 'They are coming over here, going on the dole and taking our jobs'. Common mantra back then, mad though it sounds. Especially in areas and by people who had never seen or spoken to a black person in the flesh. Like in Hove. :shrug:

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I genuinely don’t. You said it wasn’t racist, but it was racist.

HTF do you expect anyone to know what you mean?

Predictive text. I meant racial stereo-typing.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

But indirectly the mass unchecked immigration since 1997 (all independent data and graphs show this), eventually caused the mass rise of hard right views across the UK. Not IMO because of the people who came here, but because the UK's infrastructure, schools, hospitals, GP surgeries and very critically housing was and is not there to accomodate the millions.

Ironically, the open door policy of freedom of movement, caused the majority of the country to vote for an end to our membership of the EU.

Slow Learner.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Interesting thread. I think the unspoken narrative is this. The 'jewish community' jump down the throats of racists, and understandably and rightly so. Thus, a bit of careless and possibly racist 'bants' from a jew gives licence to say.....

Whatever is your agenda.

I would like to hope that the Bushy agenda isn't what it is being taken to be....i.e., 'let's have a go at the jews' :shrug:

I am sure nobody has actually said that. :whistle:

(the whistle is a dog whistlem btw)

It it is just harmless bants, then I apologise....... Bants is great! Bobby Sands - HILARIOUS!!!!!

I’m not following you? Sorry, have reread several times and maybe it’s me after a long day but.... watcha talkin bout Willis?

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I question whether the people defending this "joke" actually do find it funny at all. I would offer that they know it isn't funny but they can use it as a vehicle to express their un-pc views and simultaneously call people with a differing opinion, snowflake etc.

My opinion of it? I don't believe in offence, I don't think it exists but then I am white,male, middle class, well off and live in a country with the NHS, a good judicial system, tolerant police, fair elections and a welfare system. Not much to get offended about in my life.

I do think he was a bit of a numbskull for posting such rubbish but then again he's an East End Jew who started out in life selling tat on a market stall , so if anyone knows about stereotypes, it's him.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’m not following you? Sorry, have reread several times and maybe it’s me after a long day but.... watcha talkin bout Willis?

Sorry - don't understand the question. My post was basically questioning the motivation of the OP....he doesn't normally start a thread without a point, and I was suggesting the point was to stir shit. Are we supposed to reply defending Sugar's 1970s style racism, or attacking him? OP sits back and watches 'snowflakes' defend the indefensible.

He will say he's just having a laugh.

Plenty of actually funny things to have a laugh about.

And he should change his avatar. Bobby Sands, FFS? That's a real laugh. Ho ho ho. IRA terrorist starves himself to death. Ha ha. Manwhile Bushy's army mates are killed by the IRA. Ho ho. Oh, sorry, isn't that part of the joke?

To be fair, anyone using a Bobby Sands mockery as an avatar on a football site needs to get some ****ing help.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Sorry - don't understand the question. My post was basically questioning the motivation of the OP....he doesn't normally start a thread without a point, and I was suggesting the point was to stir shit. Are we supposed to reply defending Sugar's 1970s style racism, or attacking him? OP sits back and watches 'snowflakes' defend the indefensible.

He will say he's just having a laugh.

Plenty of actually funny things to have a laugh about.

And he should change his avatar. Bobby Sands, FFS? That's a real laugh. Ho ho ho. IRA terrorist starves himself to death. Ha ha. Manwhile Bushy's army mates are killed by the IRA. Ho ho. Oh, sorry, isn't that part of the joke?

To be fair, anyone using a Bobby Sands mockery as an avatar on a football site needs to get some ****ing help.

Thanks. All makes sense now (but yes, been long day) and concur, not really appropriate avatar (remember challenging a well known poster on here similarly who, in fairness, eventually changed)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Thanks. All makes sense now (but yes, been long day) and concur, not really appropriate avatar (remember challenging a well known poster on here similarly who, in fairness, eventually changed)

:thumbsup:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
"Racist"

"Snowflake"

"Gammon"

"Virtue signaller"

It's like PMQ's
:bowdown: Not heard the last one yet but then I usually resort to old skool violence after the 3rd and it’s not necessary once you’ve
punched em in the throat...punk:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Why is this seen as a right wing issue? Shouldn't the left be concerned about these things too? - and if not, what the hell are they worrying about that is more important?

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Sorry, what? People in the UK are racist because immigrants came to the UK?

I suppose women are raped because they wear low cut tops as well?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
A women of Nigerian descent is off on one right NOW on five live about this very matter. She’s sounded off in a way I can only describe as akin to a school kid not properly reading the exam question and has now written 3 pages answering with some interesting points - just of no relevance to the question asked. :dunce:

But it was good of Five Live to get someone else on to give the other side of the argument...oh, hang on, nope, they’ve moved on without doing that.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I know, the fact that the black lad usually ended up making the racist twit look stupid will really wind some people up.

Honky. Have you ever actually heard that word in real life? Or nig nog? If UK Gold bring that back I would laugh. At UK Gold. Commercial suicide on the grounds of false trading - attempting to pass off 30 minutes of stinking shit as TV comedy :lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here