Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Canada legalises recreational cannabis use.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
BREAKING: FDA OKs first cannabinoid, gives green light to GW Pharma’s Epidiolex for rare seizures

GW Pharma $GWPH finished its layup at the FDA today with Epidiolex, grabbing its first ever marketing OK for one of its cannabinoid drugs and setting up the biotech for a major shift toward commercialization.

Two months after a unanimous recommendation by an outside group of FDA experts and some glowing recommendations in the internal review, GW will now set out to open up a new class of meds after demonstrating the drug’s ability to prevent seizures in children suffering from rare cases of Lennox-Gastaut syndrome and Dravet syndrome.

The approval was recorded on the FDA’s website and word spread quickly through Twitter.
Clarivate has pegged 2022 sales at a blockbuster sized $1.2 billion, making this rollout a hugely important event for the UK-based company.
The FDA’s Scott Gottlieb did the honors in the statement today, celebrating GW for the work they did, and warning anyone else against trying to market cannabis-related products with dubious support for their claims

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Legislation would prevent the many instances of this.

Almost half a million confiscated from illegals.
Where would that money eventually have gone?

People buying on the street would likely have no idea what they were buying. It could be laced and it's certainly hydro.

Legislation could be tightened to allow much greater prison sentences for instances like this.

If this were grown in controlled environments, government regulated and sold safely, the tax brought in could go towards education for minors and further research for medicinal use.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/16320343.police-raided-property-and-found-almost-500k-worth-of-drugs/

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
If only they did it over here

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Every vacant shop in Toronto seems to be turning into a cannabis shop. I can't say I've noticed too much difference in terms of everywhere stinking of weed. You do get a few more people walking down the street smoking it, but the areas where you smell a lot of weed are they same as they were before they legalised it.

Being able to order cannabis online and get it delivered with tracking information to your front door is quite a weird thing though.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It will become legal here for medical use first, then recreational - so I’m told. Had some in Amsterdam few years back for first time in donkeys years and threw up in the ladies toilets - great times!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I've been riding my scooter to work this week . . . . 25 miles, filtering through Worthing and Arundel its normal to get a good whiff of weed.

I'm all for a bit of recreational use, we smoked our fair share in the 80's/90's . . . But ripping into weapons grade skunk, whilst driving . . . . On Wednesday I got a strong whiff and saw the smoke coming from a skip lorry, most usual from vans . . . . Always struck me as prettyhard core at 7am.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I've been riding my scooter to work this week . . . . 25 miles, filtering through Worthing and Arundel its normal to get a good whiff of weed.

I'm all for a bit of recreational use, we smoked our fair share in the 80's/90's . . . But ripping into weapons grade skunk, whilst driving . . . . On Wednesday I got a strong whiff and saw the smoke coming from a skip lorry, most usual from vans . . . . Always struck me as prettyhard core at 7am.

Well yeah that’s nothing to do with the legalisation of it.

if it did become legal, then like any other drug, ie alcohol, you shouldn’t be allowed to drive under the influence.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Well yeah that’s nothing to do with the legalisation of it.

if it did become legal, then like any other drug, ie alcohol, you shouldn’t be allowed to drive under the influence.

I have done it in the dim and distant past, struggled to get over 25 mph :lolol::facepalm:

The sooner its legalised the better, than we can get some proper slate and Morrocan black again.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I think there are about 14 states in the US where recreational marijuana is now legal with more in the pipeline. It had become ridiculous in New York, pre-legalisation, when you could go to a state like Colorado and purchase weed legally but you then became a criminal when you got off the plane in New York. But for quite a while the NYPD had not really been enforcing the law, they would confiscate it but would not generally issue a fine or ticket - they really had more important things like terrorism to worry about. A lot of States had seen this as a big tax earner. It was to an extent but then some States became greedy and really hiked up the taxes so people would still use the black market for cheaper stuff (which is what the new laws were supposed to prevent by having state authorised shops) or grow their own which you are allowed to do as long as it is for personal use and limited to a number of plants. I went into one of the chain shops (Green Dragon) when I was skiing with friends in Colorado. What surprised me was how expensive it was for a tiny amount and then talking to one of the guys in the store found out he hailed from Brighton originally. They were very thorough checking your age and ID when you went in and were very knowledgeable about the various types so could advise on the type you were looking for, if you just wanted to chill or needed it for insomnia etc. In the end we just bought a few edibles, they had gummy bears, chocolate brownies etc, because they were the cheapest. Interesting experience but quite honestly I'd still prefer to just have a few pints in the pub to relax. Horses for courses I guess.

Last edited:

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
I personally cannot stand the smell it gives off. my new neighbours 2 doors down smoke it all friggin day. if it didn't smell so bad, no problem. doesn't it make you paranoid? I have no intention of trying the stuff, I was a fag smoker, now vape. non smelling cannabis would be good as long as it doesn't turn you doo-lally :)

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I have done it in the dim and distant past, struggled to get over 25 mph :lolol::facepalm:

The sooner its legalised the better, than we can get some proper slate and Morrocan black again.

opiated nepalese , red seal afghani , charras, or a bit of manali or kerala gold .......yummy yum yums.

i think they should legalise , manufacture and tax class A drugs such as MDMA , LSD and bog standard smack .....:)

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I personally cannot stand the smell it gives off. my new neighbours 2 doors down smoke it all friggin day. if it didn't smell so bad, no problem. doesn't it make you paranoid? I have no intention of trying the stuff, I was a fag smoker, now vape. non smelling cannabis would be good as long as it doesn't turn you doo-lally :)
what flavour vape......some of them are gut wrenching when you're not a disciple.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
what flavour vape......some of them are gut wrenching when you're not a disciple.

tobacco flavour, don't do the sweet smelling shite that is on the market. mine doesn't stink the place out.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Alaska has the highest suicide rate in the America's ....northern lights and all that , it's where the skunk and " superweeds" were developed .........just take it as it comes out of the ground , no problems.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
A couple of my friends, who are ageing potheads from California, were telling me ways to get weed through the airport in New York without it being detected by the police sniffer dogs. Apparently one of those scented sheets you chuck into the washing machine to give your clothes a nice pong is ideal as it throws them off the scent. Now that it's legal anyway it takes all the fun out of it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here