Page 32 of 47 FirstFirst ... 222930313233343542 ... LastLast
    Members

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Clamp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This in a nutshell is why I cannot stand pot-smokers:

I overheard while walking past house boat last year, one dreadlocked white boy trustafarian talking to his equally drongo neighbour

"I'm actually using coconut water in my bong these days".

Silly arse.
    You are using a lazy stereotype to dismiss a wide range of people who smoke cannibis. It really has nothing to do with what they choose to smoke they are just people you find irritating.

You can't judge other people on this experience just because they share an enjoyment of cannabis.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Too many Florence Nightingales. Not enough Robin Hoods.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Fish View Post
      Are people taking stupidity pills on here today or something

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BadFish View Post
      You are using a lazy stereotype to dismiss a wide range of people who smoke cannibis. It really has nothing to do with what they choose to smoke they are just people you find irritating.

You can't judge other people on this experience just because they share an enjoyment of cannabis.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
      Exactly. I don't judge lager drinkers by solely looking at the twats on West Street on a Friday/Saturday night beered up.

Some interesting viewpoints on this thread. I really think that some people fail to look at the wider picture when thinking about drugs. It has been human nature since the beginning of time to be curious and experimental. Otherwise we wouldn't be where we are today. This includes, though, being curious about (and enjoying in many cases!) altering our state of mind. (Google prehistoric humans and drugs). Naturally, some people aren't as curious about mind-bending experiences as others. Naturally, some people experience problems as a result. But some people will experience problems as a result of anything - do we ban all fatty food? Betting? Coffee? Etc.

Simply speaking though, no amount of legislation or 'Just Say No' campaigns, for example, will ever work, because people (youngsters especially) will always want to experiment. Granted not all, but a sizeable proportion. It's simply a fact, otherwise the War On Drugs would have been won decades ago. Look at the prohibition era in the States as another classic example. It's human nature. The vast majority of these people will experience no long lasting issues as a result. A small percentage will be unfortunate.

Im not saying we should legalise all drugs (id like to see cannabis legalised though), and I agree that people should be warned of the potential dangers, but I do think we as a society need to look at drugs differently and stop criminalizing people for wanting to have a good time and doing no harm to anyone else. It's ironic that the one drug that causes most problems in terms of how some people act towards others is the one that's legal.
      Last edited by BN41Albion; 23-06-2018 at 07:28.

0 Not allowed!
      The supply of Cannabis will obviously need to be licensed if it becomes legal. An act will need to be drawn up based on licensing objectives. Here are the ones for Alcohol and the provision of entertainment etc:

The prevention of crime and disorder
      Public safety
      The prevention of public nuisance
      The protection of children from harm

I wonder how they’d change?
      :guitar:

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by StonehamPark View Post
      There are a couple of posters in the thread that have failed to acknowledge that they are incorrect after having their argument dismantled and properly challenged.
      Personally, I'd just hold my hands up; 'alright, fair enough'. Some people though, have sensitive egos.
      I don't have a sensitive ego. I love debate but this is just a subject that I have formed my own opinion on based on evidence. My values are personal to me as are yours to you.

So I holds my hands up to being able to decide my own beliefs.

0 Not allowed!
      As to this argument concerning the illegal trade carrying on because people will have to have their stronger strains then have a look at most of the w.ankers in our towns and cities causing problems and drinking Carling, Carlsberg or Fosters............. all weak as piss in the beer stakes. Don’t they realise you can get Belgium beer up to 11% in a lot of pubs. If they started on that at 7pm they could get thrown out of a pub before 10, start a fight and still be in bed for 11. I despair of the youth of today.
      So, many, many thanks and see you soon, because it’s not a goodbye, I know I will come back, I have to.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Rune View Post
      The supply of Cannabis will obviously need to be licensed if it becomes legal. An act will need to be drawn up based on licensing objectives. Here are the ones for Alcohol and the provision of entertainment etc:

The prevention of crime and disorder
      Public safety
      The prevention of public nuisance
      The protection of children from harm

I wonder how they’d change?
      I think that in Canada, the legalisation has limitations, it will be Illegal to have more than 30 grams in your possession in public places, no more than 4 plants can be grown at any one time at home, and the penalty for supplying a minor carries a jail sentence, I think I read of 14 years maximum.
      Posted by Kosh, 19/7/2016 - 14th - 11th this year, or I'll eat my big Ritchie Blackmore hat.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by btnbelle View Post
      I don't have a sensitive ego. I love debate but this is just a subject that I have formed my own opinion on based on evidence. My values are personal to me as are yours to you.

So I holds my hands up to being able to decide my own beliefs.
      It seems though that you formed your opinion a long time ago and on poor or false information. If we never reviewed anything when new or better information became available, then we would still be giving Thalidomide to pregnant women.
      Previous Governments have appointed people to look at this issue of drugs misuse in the past, but they do not always listen to the advice. In 1970 Cannabis was downgraded to a class B drug, previously it had been classed as dangerous as Heroin. In 1978 a further downgrading to class C was recommended by the Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs, but the Government of the day rejected that. The same body made the same recommendation in 2002 and this time it was accepted. The same body was asked to look again at cannabis as a class c drug after links to mental health issues were reported, the body decided the link was weak and that it should remain a class C drug, Government rejects advice and reclassifies as class B, a year later they sack Professor David Nutt for giving his expert opinion that illicit drugs should be classified according to the actual evidence of the harm they cause and pointed out that alcohol and tobacco caused more harm than LSD, ecstasy and cannabis, and that smoking cannabis created only a "relatively small risk" of psychotic illness.
      The reason Cannabis remains illegal is political and not logical. The reason that politicians fear legalisation, is because until recently, much of the older generation are people with your mind set, and it does appear to be firmly set, and older people vote more.
      Posted by Kosh, 19/7/2016 - 14th - 11th this year, or I'll eat my big Ritchie Blackmore hat.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      Previous Governments have appointed people to look at this issue of drugs misuse in the past, but they do not always listen to the advice. In 1970 Cannabis was downgraded to a class B drug, previously it had been classed as dangerous as Heroin. In 1978 a further downgrading to class C was recommended by the Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs, but the Government of the day rejected that. The same body made the same recommendation in 2002 and this time it was accepted. The same body was asked to look again at cannabis as a class c drug after links to mental health issues were reported, the body decided the link was weak and that it should remain a class C drug, Government rejects advice and reclassifies as class B
      Most of that sounds about right.
      a year later they sack Professor David Nutt for giving his expert opinion that illicit drugs should be classified according to the actual evidence of the harm they cause and pointed out that alcohol and tobacco caused more harm than LSD, ecstasy and cannabis, and that smoking cannabis created only a "relatively small risk" of psychotic illness.
      Why does alcohol cause more harm? Is it because you can get it from the supermarket, get have it with you meals out, and then go around all the pubs in town downing loads more with your mates? Is there evidence to suggest that an alcoholic beverage a day is worse for you than a splif a day?
      Hold tight, my man
      He's got the frisbee

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
      Most of that sounds about right.
      Why does alcohol cause more harm? Is it because you can get it from the supermarket, get have it with you meals out, and then go around all the pubs in town downing loads more with your mates? Is there evidence to suggest that an alcoholic beverage a day is worse for you than a splif a day?
      Surely a pint a day will cause you more physical damage than vaporising weed once a day?

Plus, an addiction to alcohol is far more life damaging than a weed addiction. Most of the homeless I see seem to be drinking cans of beer, not smoking weed. I've actually never heard of someone homeless or begging to maintain their weed addiction, alcohol on the other hand...