Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 462
  1. #71

    2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by btnbelle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't see a benefit to smoking it for pleasure.
    .
    It would appear that millions around the world do! I don't think the amount of people who smoke it would change all that much. People who are partial to experimenting ignore the law as it is (i see myself as a law abiding citizen for example, but enjoyed smoking it a lot when i was younger), so legalizing it would make it safer and make a lot of money.

    In my mind it's crazy that it's illegal when you compare the effects of cannabis and alcohol overall.

    And as for a 'gateway drug' - where is your proof for that? Again, it's all about what people are partial to. Some youngsters like to experiment, some don't. I know people who smoked a fair bit but never really touched anything else. I know people who took a lot of pills but never really smoked. I know people who regularly got smashed drinking but would critise people who took illegal drugs without seeing the irony.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #72
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Location
      Faversham
      Posts
      9,824


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by btnbelle View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It has a higher risk of lung cancer than not smoking it at all.

      Alcohol would not be made legal today if it held the same status as any drug.

      If we had proper treatment for those who suffer anxiety, stress and depression then it would not be needed to take risks with any legal or illegal substances.
      But that's not what you said. You said worse that fags
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA

      Premier League : Brighton, le club le plus cool d'Angleterre
    • #73
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Location
      Faversham
      Posts
      9,824


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by btnbelle View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I appreciate your point of view but I prefer a stance which works for my family. I don't do the god thing at all. I am against that even more than drugs....

      I don't smoke but do drink moderately. I guess there is research to support any argument for any subject these days.
      That's different. I'm with you on that. And that is called parenting.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA

      Premier League : Brighton, le club le plus cool d'Angleterre
    • #74
      Members Notters's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Location
      Newhaven
      Posts
      22,648


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by btnbelle View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It is illegal for a reason
      No doubt there is a reason but God knows what though. Sometimes it feels like it's just there for the government to blame its problems on. A bit like the EU.
      Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Fish View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Are people taking stupidity pills on here today or something
    • #75
      Members Mental Lental's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Shiki-shi, Saitama
      Posts
      1,558


      1 Not allowed!
      Some of you are being really patient with the ignoramus on this thread.

      Well done.
      "The only true wisdom lies in knowing that NSC knows nothing." - Socrates
    • #76
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Location
      Faversham
      Posts
      9,824


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mental Lental View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Some of you are being really patient with the ignoramus on this thread.

      Well done.
      To be fair, it is a natural human instinct to reject the unknown. That said, when a pharmacologist (me) and whatever he is, he knows his stuff (@dingodan) patiently point to the literature and share our experiences and insights.....it reminds me about the conversations when decriminalizing homosexuality was being 'debated'.....'not natural'....'a threat to our kids'...'alright, but not in public'...'what about aids?'....'Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve'....ask a few simpe qustions: is it safe? How safe? Do I HAVE to take it (the answer is NO, FFS); What are the benefits (and here I would say that in the right company, it is stunning, and unlike with coke you wake up the next day feeling just bloody fantastic); is it addictive - no it bloody isn't. He said....reaching for the red red wine....'do i have the right to stop others taking it for medicine or for fun?' No, you bloody bloody don't.

      But please keep it from those at risk of psychosis...maybe some sort of driving test equivalent?

      Time for bed....
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA

      Premier League : Brighton, le club le plus cool d'Angleterre
    • #77
      Members
      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Location
      Crawley
      Posts
      4,144


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by StonehamPark View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Find me one example of cannabis being directly 'lethal'.

      Lethal legal drugs include; alcohol, tobacco and prescription painkillers.
      I believe that an American set of statistics had one case listed of Cannabis causing a death, when further information was sought about the death it was revealed a smuggler had thrown a bale overboard as the boat was about to be boarded by Customs or whoever it is that tackles smugglers in the US, and the bale landed on one of the officers, killing him.
      Posted by Kosh, 19/7/2016 - 14th - 11th this year, or I'll eat my big Ritchie Blackmore hat.
    • #78
      Members terryberry1's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Location
      Patcham
      Posts
      5,038


      1 Not allowed!
      The ignorance in this thread has riled me. I use cannabis because I suffer from chronic cluster headaches. It helps me to ease the Intense pain that these headaches bring. Legalising cannabis would benefit the whole nation.The medicinal benefits will huge. FECO Cannabis oil has been known in some cases to cure Cancer (Look up Rick Simpson Oil). It also helps to ease the side effects of Chemotherapy treatment. It could change the lives of all people living with crippling illnesses. Its a no brainer. Yet all the time the Dinosaur Theresa May is at the helm the change will not come or not soon enough. Yet she is happy to allow colleague Victoria Atkins (Home Office Minister) husband grow industrial amounts of medicinal cannabis in this country to sell abroad. Its a disgrace. We are the worlds biggest exporters of cannabis yet to be caught with a small amount for possession carries a risk of a 5 year prison sentence, It needs to be legalised across the whole board recreational and medicinal. 80% of drug arrests in this country are for cannabis possession. The cost of this must be astronomical on the police and the prison service. I'm currently going through the process of applying for a job. Because of a cannabis possession conviction its very like that i will be refused the job. I'm a medicinal user using it to ease the intense pain i get with my headaches. Because of this my career prospects could be severely affected. This is not right. Who is the victim of my crime? If a law is unjust you sometimes have to break it.
      Seaside is a Legend
    • #79
      Members The Clamp's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Location
      West is BEST
      Posts
      5,566


      0 Not allowed!
      One of the most depressing/pathetic things in life is seeing anyone over the age of 25 smoking weed. It's the drug of choice for life's losers. However, should it be legal? Absolutely. The medicinal benefits of correctly processed cannabis seem well proven and I would certainly hope to see it being legalised for that purpose.


      Everyone is different but I have seen a member of my family waste his life on weed. His personality has changed for the worse over the years, all down to weed. He has lost jobs, mainly through his negativity caused by cannabis. He is selfish, childish and depressing to be around. To be fair I also suspect there are base problems, not just marijuana but it really does him no good at all.
      Last edited by The Clamp; 21-06-2018 at 01:15.
      Nearly.
    • #80
      Resident Australian Tyrone Biggums's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      Location
      Geelong, Australia
      Posts
      10,343


      0 Not allowed!
      Cannabis is a Russian Roulette drug.

      If I took ten friends I know who smoked it eight are fine in life(for now). The other two both experienced psychosis from using it.

      One of those sadly hung himself. There's no doubt the use of Cannabis contributed to the latter two friends psychosis episodes.

      For many people it won't have an adverse effect on them, for others it can have a terrible impact on their lives.
      It's a marathon, not a sprint.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •