Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

"Common scum who cost the railway millions and keep fares high"

2 Not allowed!
    No, not Barber's thoughts on Palace's special train but rather this...

Loughborough Junction: Tributes to graffiti artists hit by train
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-44534102

A strong comment by a former TFL member who definitely wins today's prize for insensitivity But is it a case of harsh but fair? (Btw, I don't think he's saying they deserved to die though many will interpret as such I'm sure)
    "Never miss a good chance to shut up"

• North Stand Chat

advertising

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by portlock seagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      No, not Barber's thoughts on Palace's special train but rather this...

Loughborough Junction: Tributes to graffiti artists hit by train
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-44534102

A strong comment by a former TFL member who definitely wins today's prize for insensitivity But is it a case of harsh but fair? (Btw, I don't think he's saying they deserved to die though many will interpret as such I'm sure)
      What’s his NSC name?
      Members the right footed denilson's Avatar

24 Not allowed!
      What, graffiti is the reason for fare hikes not corporate greed and general incompetence?
      Spectators arriving by ferry will usually have to take the direct train from Newhaven, (or by direct train from Portsmouth) although berthing is available for smaller vessels in the nearby harbour. Spectators arriving by charter plane or commercial flights are advised to board the direct train from Gatwick Airport.
      Longing for retirement. AmexRuislip's Avatar

16 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hampster Gull View Post
      What’s his NSC name?
      @railwayembanksy

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by the right footed denilson View Post
      What, graffiti is the reason for fare hikes not corporate greed and general incompetence?
      Yes, I was wondering about this. In the grand scale of things, is it simply a drop in the vast ocean that is the cost of running our railways? I guess many will argue the public purse could be better spent regardless e.g. education, health, defence
      "Never miss a good chance to shut up"

0 Not allowed!
      I'm sick of Police and train workers moaning and groaning about their jobs. If you don't like it don't do it.
      You make me

8 Not allowed!
      Can anyone ever imagine a cut in fares if graffiti stopped ?... I drop Mrs V at the station most days and there are usually two Southern employees in Hi Vis making sure everyone has/gets a ticket.. oddly they have been unable to open the toilets on the station for some months as they lack the staff to keep an eye on it.... also now, the lifts appear out of order. How anyone in a wheelchair is supposed to get up and down the flights of stairs to change platforms is beyond me. Southern maximise their income at the expense of all the little things that make life tolerable.
      I had run 17 miles from Grayshades before the school leopard caught me.....

" Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom "
      Terry Pratchett 1948 – 2015

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by the right footed denilson View Post
      The main reason for the high fares is the £b's spent on new infrastructure and trains, and linked to that the manner that everything on railway building in the UK must be done to perfection with an army of construction workers, surveyors, h&s, experts, and very expensive technical plant bought at huge cost.

Not said with any politcal angle, I don't mind if the network is renationalised, in fact it might be best.

But don't expect low fares under Corbyn. They're here to stay now.

97% of rail fare income stays in the industry in operations and on new infrastructure.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post
      The main reason for the high fares is the £b's spent on new infrastructure and trains, and linked to that the manner that everything on railway building in the UK must be done to perfection with an army of construction workers, surveyors, h&s, experts, and very expensive technical plant bought at huge cost.

Not said with any politcal angle, I don't mind if the network is renationalised, in fact it might be best.

But don't expect low fares under Corbyn. They're here to stay now.

97% of rail fare income stays in the industry in operations and on new infrastructure.
      So what are the French shareholders of Govia getting out of it ? prestige ?

Edit : Oh, and all the other rail companies owned abroad who are sucking out cash ?
      I had run 17 miles from Grayshades before the school leopard caught me.....

" Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom "
      Terry Pratchett 1948 – 2015