Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] "Common scum who cost the railway millions and keep fares high"

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I haven't been to Lancing for many years now, but someone told me this week that they have closed the ticket office to reduce staffing costs, and replaced it with the barriers. However, the barriers can only be used when staff are present, and when there are no staff, they are left open.

Not much saving there then!

Sort of.

The ticket office is manned until 12.30pm. The person on the barrier isn't a Southern employee; they are agency staff from a company called Ontrak. They are supposed to be the all of the time - I'd guess the station is manned about 70-80% of the time. Perfectly decent people who are well aware of the chaos and white noise coming out of the DfT and GTR.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A bit of paint doesn’t harm anyone, or impact the operation of your car either - so what slogan would you like scrawled across it? Any particular colour preference?

I don’t own a car.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oh I must disagree with you there,’a bit of paint’does a good deal of harm,it makes communities look unloved,it brings a whole area down and above all it shows a total lack of respect for property.
The punishment needs to be financially painful,make the perpetrators pay for all costs,removing it,the hours of delays it causes on railways,every penny.
If this lad had been lucky enough to complete his graphics design degree he may have thought twice about the blight he was enforcing on community if he’d be paying for his ‘bit of paint’ for decades to come.
A punch in the wallet usually focuses minds.

I can’t get worked up over a bit of graffiti. Sorry.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
With Trump's spokespeople, past and present, aggressively defending the policy. Their stance, that arrested criminals including illegal immigrants, are necessarily always separated from their kids.

My suspicion is that they're using this cruelty to deter others crossing the border.

Eaxctly this

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Some seem to like or at least think no harm done by graffiti....I think it`s horrible and whilst it is sad the three lads died,they must have known the risks they were taking and yes it is a fact they won`t be doing any more !!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oh good. So it's just other people's property you don't give a shit about then?

No. You asked how I’d feel if someone painted my car. I’m saying I don’t own one.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
OK, how about if someone painted some "street art" on the side of your house ?

We have grafitti on our property right now. I don’t care.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Fair enough - I think you'd be in the minority though. I'd not be a very happy bunny at all if I woke up one day to find that some herbert had daubed their scrawlings all over the walls of my house.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
No, not Barber's thoughts on Palace's special train but rather this...

Loughborough Junction: Tributes to graffiti artists hit by train
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-44534102

A strong comment by a former TFL member who definitely wins today's prize for insensitivity :eek: But is it a case of harsh but fair? (Btw, I don't think he's saying they deserved to die though many will interpret as such I'm sure)

very harsh , very nasty

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Fair enough - I think you'd be in the minority though. I'd not be a very happy bunny at all if I woke up one day to find that some herbert had daubed their scrawlings all over the walls of my house.

Maybe if I lived in a small village and someone daubed my house with paint I’d be a bit miffed but graffiti in city-centers is part of life.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
One of these lads was just about to start a university degree in graphic design, so I guess he had some idea of the 'direction' he wanted to go in.

Starting a university degree. Doesn't exactly make anyone exceptional these days now does it?

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

0594d20d6dac79c610267421c4c4e4d5.jpg

This was my local park about 30 minutes ago,I know it’s just a bench,it’s also a bench that some people like to sit on and have lunch,relax,reflect and generally enjoy the park.I cannot imagine many people will find it’s current state enhances their enjoyment of the park.
The council will,in time remove the graffiti,council tax payers will fund this and so the game of cat and mouse continues,until the individual concerned either grows up or moves onto railways and gets creamed by the 1438 to Oxted.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here