Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Only Happy When It Rains Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

6 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With the build up to the World Cup being in Russia the predictions were not to go as dangerous or at least you will not be made very welcome, we'll happily none of these predictions so far have materialised more than that just watching the Columbia v Japan game just seen a clip from the crowd all smiles beers in hand both sets of fans mingling no trouble, leaves me thinking have we been feed a load of anti Russia propaganda or is the iron fist of Russia keeping the lid on things?
    The Russian regime can patently turn hoolies on and off like a tap. In 2016 in Marseille they were let loose on the poor England saps who were forming an unpleasant blot on the posh oligarch holiday home landscape. This time around they've had the official knock on the door to play nice or face an extended holiday in Siberia. Tough choice.
    Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hark, Preston Park View Post
      The Russian regime can patently turn hoolies on and off like a tap. In 2016 in Marseille they were let loose on the poor England saps who were forming an unpleasant blot on the posh oligarch holiday home landscape. This time around they've had the official knock on the door to play nice or face an extended holiday in Siberia. Tough choice.
      nonsense .

They can control a fair bit with threats etc but they can't just stop everyone having a tear up and loads of Russians if intent on causing trouble will do it.

Its just a large amount of scaremongering from our media really

0 Not allowed!
      If we get to the Quarters i'm sure a bundle of lads will try and get out there.....

The Russian hoolies are all controlled by their Forest fight / Ultras boss.....and he is controlled by the authorities....it's diffferent out there. They want it to look nice on TV - hence the certain shots they are doing with cameras. If something does kick off - it will only be on twitter.

8 Not allowed!
      So it appears that only regular Joe England fans have gone to Russia, you know the ones who aren't going to get p1ssed-up and sing pathetic songs in the local square about German bombers and not surrendering to the IRA before chucking the furniture about. And funnily enough there are no problems. Strange that.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Napper View Post
      nonsense .

They can control a fair bit with threats etc but they can't just stop everyone having a tear up and loads of Russians if intent on causing trouble will do it.

Its just a large amount of scaremongering from our media really
      nonsense .
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by oneillco View Post
      So it appears that only regular Joe England fans have gone to Russia, you know the ones who aren't going to get p1ssed-up and sing pathetic songs in the local square about German bombers and not surrendering to the IRA before chucking the furniture about. And funnily enough there are no problems. Strange that.
      wait for the Belgium game

1 Not allowed!
      I was strangely reassured by the Frankie Boyle in Russia programmes. Lots of ordinary human beings, doing typically silly human things.
      Was that the intro? I should have been in!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Napper View Post
      wait for the Belgium game
      Is that the game where one-man-team England encounter some class act opposition? That's a bit of a blow. Don't normally happen til the following round

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Notters View Post
      Think my wife probably would be pretty pissed off if I went on holiday without her for a few weeks, same as I would be if she did without me!
      More or less pissed off than going on holiday together?
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      http://app.strava.com/clubs/north-stand-geeks

Members

2 Not allowed!
      Was out in Russia last week and can confirm no problems whatsoever. All the locals really embracing the tournament, everything was really cheap - even in the FIFA Fan parks and genuinely was as good as any tournament I've been to.

The only slight downside is the Russians love a process, even if it makes no sense they take their jobs very seriously. To order a beer seems to involve about 5 people and take 20 minutes but once you get your head round it you can plan ahead. Hopefully back for the Semis and Finals

We even crossed the Poland - Russian border by vehicle and had been warned of 4 hour delays, loads of trouble etc.... took just over an hour on the way in, 30 mins on the way back!
      Last edited by Springal; 02-07-2018 at 10:09.
      900k people in Bromley & Croydon, almost double pop of Manchester. Bigger than Norwich & Ipswich. Fickle fans in terms of attendance, cup games increased attendance do not help.
      Steve Parish - CPFC2010