Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Russia 2018 WC unfounded fears

1 Not allowed!
    With the build up to the World Cup being in Russia the predictions were not to go as dangerous or at least you will not be made very welcome, we'll happily none of these predictions so far have materialised more than that just watching the Columbia v Japan game just seen a clip from the crowd all smiles beers in hand both sets of fans mingling no trouble, leaves me thinking have we been feed a load of anti Russia propaganda or is the iron fist of Russia keeping the lid on things?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

3 Not allowed!
      Bit of both probably. Plus, things have changed anyway.

From what I can see, this is looking like it could end up being considered an absolutely classic world cup for all the right reasons.
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Blue3 View Post
      With the build up to the World Cup being in Russia the predictions were not to go as dangerous or at least you will not be made very welcome, we'll happily none of these predictions so far have materialised more than that just watching the Columbia v Japan game just seen a clip from the crowd all smiles beers in hand both sets of fans mingling no trouble, leaves me thinking have we been feed a load of anti Russia propaganda or is the iron fist of Russia keeping the lid on things?
      All kinds of reasons but the anticipated trouble was always going to be away from the stadiums in Moscow and St Petersburg, and where England were playing. The ticketless have stayed/been kept away.
      never forget what Stanley, Archer and Bellotti did
      Members

3 Not allowed!
      shock horror it hasn't happened yet.

Some of the pant pissing on the other thread about it was embarrassing.

F all will happen of note
      Members
      Trapped inside the Project for the New American Century

2 Not allowed!
      Right wing conservative authoritarian states keep public order in tourist areas effectively is hardly a big shock
      "I have been in professional football since I was 16 - that's 33 years this summer. I have seen and done it all. In Brighton, I thought that I had found a club that sat outside the norm. People who love their club but are realistic about their club's prospects in dire circumstances. That appealed to me. That is what I call true loyalty. Supporting the club as you have done through the hard times. I am prepared to be here through these hard times and to develop a squad as I have started to do in preparation for the day that we all move to a new stadium at Falmer. I need your support, patience and understanding in the long-term because there is no quick fix. I hope you will continue to give me that opportunity." Mark McGhee, 17th April 2006

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Blue3 View Post
      think that Putin very much wants a showpiece with no bother ......the vid of 2 thousand England lads singing "vardys on fire" at the fan zone obviously all in very good spirits , unbelievable number of colombians in that crowd ....fair play , probable media bollox from your own mob trying to put England fans off travelling
      FLOUNDERING...!!!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Napper View Post
      shock horror it hasn't happened yet.

Some of the pant pissing on the other thread about it was embarrassing.

F all will happen of note
      From someone who has been to every world cup since 2006 it amuses me before every tournament some smart arse from work / etc says how dangerous it is, going to die, get beaten up blah blah... Usually the same blokes that are whipped and not allowed down the pub for more than 1 after work, let alone go away for a few weeks for a football tournament! Call it jealousy
      900k people in Bromley & Croydon, almost double pop of Manchester. Bigger than Norwich & Ipswich. Fickle fans in terms of attendance, cup games increased attendance do not help.
      Steve Parish - CPFC2010
      Cock-knobs!

0 Not allowed!
      From memory there was similar scaremongering before South Africa about carjacking, murders etc and that also went very smoothly
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sydney View Post
      think that Putin very much wants a showpiece with no bother ......the vid of 2 thousand England lads singing "vardys on fire" at the fan zone obviously all in very good spirits , unbelievable number of colombians in that crowd ....fair play , probable media bollox from your own mob trying to put England fans off travelling
      That video is from Saint Etienne at Euro 2016
      900k people in Bromley & Croydon, almost double pop of Manchester. Bigger than Norwich & Ipswich. Fickle fans in terms of attendance, cup games increased attendance do not help.
      Steve Parish - CPFC2010

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sydney View Post
      The one from France?

I think people are right in saying that Putin's got this under control.

However, it's worth noting that yesterday's game in Volgograd was 2,500 miles away, whereas next week's game is in Kaliningrad is only 1,100 miles away - much closer to here than even to Volgograd!

Quote Originally Posted by Springal View Post
      blokes that are whipped and not allowed down the pub for more than 1 after work, let alone go away for a few weeks for a football tournament! Call it jealousy
      Think my wife probably would be pretty pissed off if I went on holiday without her for a few weeks, same as I would be if she did without me!
      Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Fish View Post
      Are people taking stupidity pills on here today or something