Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Former Army man to be prosecuted!

Seagull85

Apr 21, 2009
Having sat through many hours of stag in both Iraq and Afghanistan I can understand how he could have aimed the weapon and a gobby local and pretended to go through the motions, most likely an unfortunate accident. Feel for the guy.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Having sat through many hours of stag in both Iraq and Afghanistan I can understand how he could have aimed the weapon and a gobby local and pretended to go through the motions, most likely an unfortunate accident. Feel for the guy.

his hands might have been 'slippery' rather than wet :lolol: TTKK

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
he was harassed because he mouthed off and gave squaddies shit every time he went through the check point , he was an election worker for sinn fein , he was thougt to be a 'dicker' for pira , the republicans have a very good propaganda machine at painting people as "innocents" when theyre anything but , and people like.you believe it as you devour your latest.an phoblact

I have made a rare exception and unblocked your comment; I note that you say nothing about the official Police Service Northern Ireland (not known for their republican sympathies) report. I have never read "an phoblact" in my life as I do not believe in terrorism, but nor do I believe in state cover-ups. Even if your version is true (and frankly I doubt it given your track record) it would still mean a man was killed for saying mean things to a soldier with a GPMG.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

Is the most the likely scenario ....

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
he was harassed because he mouthed off and gave squaddies shit every time he went through the check point , he was an election worker for sinn fein , he was thougt to be a 'dicker' for pira , the republicans have a very good propaganda machine at painting people as "innocents" when theyre anything but , and people like.you believe it as you devour your latest.an phoblact
Ah, we can always rely on Alf to dig up something

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I have made a rare exception and unblocked your comment; I note that you say nothing about the official Police Service Northern Ireland (not known for their republican sympathies) report. I have never read "an phoblact" in my life as I do not believe in terrorism, but nor do I believe in state cover-ups. Even if your version is true (and frankly I doubt it given your track record) it would still mean a man was killed for saying mean things to a soldier with a GPMG.

the PSNI is a very different beast to the RUC so im quite frankly disregarding your comments about republican sympathies , do you REALLY think the bloke MEANT to kill him ? You must do with your comment that he was killed for "saying mean things to a soldier with a GPMG '
My version is true , i was in the grenadier guards at the time albeit a different battalion , there are 2 types of people over there , those that might not.like you but want to get through vcps/ checkpoints without any fuss so.keep tbeir views to themselves and those that invite hassle through giving out shit , take it from me , mcanespie was the latter.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Ah, we can always rely on Alf to dig up something

so what part of my post is untrue or you take issue with ? there must be something otberwise your post is pointless

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
so what part of my post is untrue or you take issue with ? there must be something otberwise your post is pointless
You were the only person to suggest he was an active member of SinnFein/ IRA.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
You were the only person to suggest he was an active member of SinnFein/ IRA.

and ? he was an election worker for them and his sister was a candidate , im not 'suggesting' anything im stating a fact.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Is the most the likely scenario ....

the PSNI is a very different beast to the RUC so im quite frankly disregarding your comments about republican sympathies , do you REALLY think the bloke MEANT to kill him ?

I don't think anybody is suggesting that are they? I agree with your fellow posters above about the most plausible scenario, FWIW, which if correct would mean that he didn't actually intend to do it, but that the outcome was of his doing. (Thus the 'manslaughter by negligence' charge, rather than murder).

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I don't think anybody is suggesting that are they? I agree with your fellow posters above about the most plausible scenario, FWIW, which if correct would mean that he didn't actually intend to do it, but that the outcome was of his doing. (Thus the manslaughter by negligence' charge, rather than murder.

yes , yes , yes nobody is arguing that , but can i ask when the bloke who tried to kill me in crossmaglen in 1983 is.going to be investigated and prosecuted for attempted murder ? , youre far from stupid mate so i can only conclude youre deliberately missing the point / reason ex squaddies are unhappy

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here