GOSBTS
don't Japan watch Brighton, where was their Knockaert kneeling behind the wall

I think they did watch us vs Coutihno free kick

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Great for this game.

Interesting how sport corrupts even the most serene minds. The ball was obviously miles over the line, yet the cheating Japanese launched a protracted Giggs/Keane/Neville style harangue of the ref. No 'Respect' there.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Absolutely ridiculous, the japanese keeper and other players all trying to claim that the ball didn't cross the line. There's GOAL LINE TECHNOLOGY you utter buffoons. You could see it was in anyway.

WHY do players have to constantly cheat, even if it defies all logic ??

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Absolutely ridiculous, the japanese keeper and other players all trying to claim that the ball didn't cross the line. There's GOAL LINE TECHNOLOGY you utter buffoons. You could see it was in anyway.

WHY do players have to constantly cheat, even if it defies all logic ??

Cos pretty much to a man they is all cheats.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
One extra minute? There were three minutes between the penalty being awarded and taken for a start.

The injury time awarded so far in this world cup has been bizarre. In the first half last night there shouldve been 4 or 5 minutes added on because of the injury to the keeper. And then in the second half, he added 4 minutes when pretty much nothing had happened?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Don't think it is - but it should be. A penalty should be a sufficient.....err....penalty. Does the Columbian now get a three match ban for a straight red? Ridiculous!

Disagree. He deliberately handled to stop a goal being scored. What if they'd missed the pen ? There would have been a clear injustice (like when that buck-toothed weasel Suarez handled on the line against Ghana to stop a goal, and they missed the resulting penalty).

Alex Scott arouses me.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Jose putting in a good shift at both ends.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Disagree. He deliberately handled to stop a goal being scored. What if they'd missed the pen ? There would have been a clear injustice (like when that buck-toothed weasel Suarez handled on the line against Ghana to stop a goal, and they missed the resulting penalty).

Alex Scott arouses me.

Her partner Hope Powell is lucky.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Red card, penalty, player protests and won't leave the pitch. Then he leaves, penalty take, goal! Celebration time.
Columbia substitution.
Free-kick for Columbia, goal! Celebration time.

1 minute of stoppage time.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Dunno why everyone is getting titsy, Shirley less football is better.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Izquierdo raced down the wing, got to the by-line and whipped across a splendid cross first time with his left peg. He's obviously forgotten he's supposed to stop, turn back, and pass the ball backwards (and I wish he'd forget it a bit more often when playing for us!)

He's having a good game though - come on Izzy!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Are they using goal-line technology in this world cup, or just VAR? The reason I ask is that the photo the BBC has put up 'proving' the ball has crossed the line, does not actually prove it at all.

b425b942-5bdd-4b7f-96ff-48a7ef70fd81.jpg

Which reminded me of this from a couple of years ago... it sometimes is all about the angle you view it from.

article-0-190BC34300000578-499_634x445.jpg

article-0-190BC33B00000578-582_634x443.jpg

(As I said, I'm not watching the game... it could have been well over. I was just curious about whether goal-line technology is in use.)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Great for this game.

Interesting how sport corrupts even the more serene minds. The ball was obviously miles over the line, yet the cheating Japanese launched a protracted Giggs/Keane/Neville style harangue of the ref. No 'Respect' there.

There are comments on the BBC that give the impression that players on both sides may have mixed up VAR with goal line technology. The silly sausages :mad::lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here