Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] VAR does not work for England

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
People are so one-eyed on this stuff.

Tunisia penalty - Walker is careless and his swinging arm catches him in the face. It’s a penalty all day long.

The first half Kane one, he IS fouled, but there is an earlier MASSIVE push by Stones (they missed both of course)

The second half Kane one, watch it again - Kane grabs the guy’s arm, and pulls him onto him.

Yes - I just posted about the first Kane one on the match thread - 42 seconds in https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44528980 and now you mention it, he does look to grab his arm in the second one.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Now you've pointed it out I can see where I was wrong

Silly me :facepalm:

Don’t watch Kane. Watch Stones in the foreground. If they watch it back on the VAR, they’d just give a defending free kick, for that.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Don’t watch Kane. Watch Stones in the foreground. If they watch it back on the VAR, they’d just give a defending free kick, for that.

I have. Kane is already half way down with the arm around him. You're Wrong . :)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Tunisian players allowed to rugby tackle in their own area (although the headlock pull down on Kane would have been a penalty in egg-chasing).

The VAR officials had no interest in alerting the Ref to this.

Will the same pattern continue against Panama?

Syst is fine but outcome depends who is in charge of the tec. Tonight it was three baboons with a thumb up each others' arse. :wozza:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Syst is fine but outcome depends who is in charge of the tec. Tonight it was three baboons with a thumb up each others' arse. :wozza:

Have you ever had a Baboon's thumb up your arse ? I do believe that until you've tried it you're in no position to give a fully informed judgement ???

*edit* I'm starting to think I don't want to know the answer (never trust a professional student :eek:)

Last edited:

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

Tunisia penalty - Walker is careless and his swinging arm catches him in the face. It’s a penalty all day long.

The first half Kane one, he IS fouled, but there is an earlier MASSIVE push by Stones (they missed both of course)

The second half Kane one, watch it again - Kane grabs the guy’s arm, and pulls him onto him.

Right.

So you’re saying Walker is “careless”. All he did was put his arm out and the Tunisian player went down like a sack of potatoes. Could have been given either way that one.

You can argue about Stones as much as you like but please don’t tell me that was the reason the penalty wasn’t given.

And I suppose you think Tunisia were unlucky as well. Their cynical, niggly fouls, play acting, time wasting or all part of the game aren’t they? That sort of brilliant play deserved a result for them didn’t it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Ref was atrocious tonight, the only yellow was also Walkers; this when Tunisia committed enough foul play to fill a Crimewatch omnibus.

Anyone would think Fifa have something against England...

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012

You were watching a different game mate

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
About time the world accepted we won the war(s) and stopped the bias. ****ing joke decisions. **** them all.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sorry we won the war & killed jihadi John (****)

No bent decisions in he tourno but **** it let’s go against my country and stick up for them - utter clueless ****! Bet you watched at home with a Horlicks - follow England away follow England away follow England away.

Last edited:

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Right.

So you’re saying Walker is “careless”. All he did was put his arm out and the Tunisian player went down like a sack of potatoes. Could have been given either way that one.

You can argue about Stones as much as you like but please don’t tell me that was the reason the penalty wasn’t given.

And I suppose you think Tunisia were unlucky as well. Their cynical, niggly fouls, play acting, time wasting or all part of the game aren’t they? That sort of brilliant play deserved a result for them didn’t it?

Not at all. I think they were snide and deserved nothing from the game. I also think the ref was poor in general, and needed to dish out a card or two, for the sheer number of fouls.

And no, I don’t think the Stones push is the reason the pen wasn’t given. But it is reason why VAR might NOT have awarded it if they had been consulted.

Your first point though - it could have been given as a foul for the forward smacking his head against poor Walker’s arm? Have a day off FFS

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

You’re so ****ing wrong you’re a Kraut - **** off

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Not at all. I think they were snide and deserved nothing from the game. I also think the ref was poor in general, and needed to dish out a card or two, for the sheer number of fouls.

And no, I don’t think the Stones push is the reason the pen wasn’t given. But it is reason why VAR might NOT have awarded it if they had been consulted.

Your first point though - it could have been given as a foul for the forward smacking his head against poor Walker’s arm? Have a day off FFS

Opinions.

I totally disagree with you on Walker. He hardly touched him.

Perhaps you should have a day off for being so bloody negative....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Have you ever had a Baboon's thumb up your arse ? I do believe that until you've tried it you're in no position to give a fully informed judgement ???

*edit* I'm starting to think I don't want to know the answer (never trust a professional student :eek:)

Best I not answer then. :cheery:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If that’s a pen I’m a kraut - joke decision - corrupt wankers - **** them all

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Sorry we won the war & killed jihadi John (****)

No bent decisions in he tourno but **** it let’s go against my country and stick up for them - utter clueless ****! Bet you watched at home with a Horlicks - follow England away follow England away follow England away.

Silly drunk child.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Phil B

Jul 27, 2004
Ifield, Crawley
How do they work out added time now? 3 + 4 mins total .

I ask cause they took 9 mins just to take the 1st keeper off.. Then the Var penalty decision. And the Tunisian time wasting.

The arab conferences at all refs decisions - put up a tent and drink coffee - ten yards at a free kick or 10 inches?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here