Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Having your mind changed in an instant - players

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
I've never had a lot of time for Lukaku - a big lump, good yes but no finesse, nothing that special. Uninspiring. Fellaini-esque.

Naturally, that spilled over into the vacuum of me knowing nothing about him. Sure he prays on the pitch, gotta like that, but nothing about him made me want to find out more about him, I wasn't bothered about hearing his interviews on MotD (has he even done any?).

Then I read this https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/romelu-lukaku-ive-got-some-things-to-say and now, I think he's brilliant. I wish he'd got his hattrick today. I'm probably a fan.

Anyone else had that moment with a player, that you didn't particularly like until something happened or you found out about something, and you instantly changed your mind about them?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You're asking if someone on NSC has changed their mind which in turn will involve admitting they were wrong.

:wave: goodbye to this thread. :lol:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Yes, Leon Knight. I was really pleased when we got him, from what he'd done at Huddersfield but realised he was an arrogant little so and so.
I won't say any more.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Jermaine Defoe

Probably this. Thought he was a bit of a tool but clearly all the Bradley Lowry stuff changed that.

With the OP on Lukaku too, I never disliked him but can’t help but have a huge amount of respect for him having read that piece.

Sadly probably also Lingard as well - thought he was grounded whilst on loan, became a massive tool this and last season with his stupid trademarked goal celebration and ‘wassup’ face then redeemed himself by being there to shake the hand of every Albion player post the Man United game. Annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Annoying.

Isn't it just? I felt the same about Craig Bellamy - spent years being happy with how much he irritated me, then found out he has a huge kids football charidee in Africa he Never talked about. Then again, el Hadj Diouf and Joey Barton could create a new world order that ends world conflict and discovers the cure for cancer, and never talk about it, and I'd still think they were both odious.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I've never had a lot of time for Lukaku - a big lump, good yes but no finesse, nothing that special. Uninspiring. Fellaini-esque.

Naturally, that spilled over into the vacuum of me knowing nothing about him. Sure he prays on the pitch, gotta like that, but nothing about him made me want to find out more about him, I wasn't bothered about hearing his interviews on MotD (has he even done any?).

Then I read this https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/romelu-lukaku-ive-got-some-things-to-say and now, I think he's brilliant. I wish he'd got his hattrick today. I'm probably a fan.

Anyone else had that moment with a player, that you didn't particularly like until something happened or you found out about something, and you instantly changed your mind about them?

Heard him interviewed on Radio 5 when he was still at Chelsea. Was v articulate and level-headed. Never heard him interviewed since.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Heard him interviewed on Radio 5 when he was still at Chelsea. Was v articulate and level-headed. Never heard him interviewed since.

Funnily enough, I also heard him interviewed (for the first and only time) very early this season, after a United game, on the excellent NBC sports coverage over here, and also found him very thoughtful, a student of the game, and with a good head on his shoulders.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Brilliant interview.

But I always though he was cool.

The Rattler

NSC Patreon
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts

Excellent article, agree absolutely re Lukaku.

As for another... changed my mind tonight about Ashley Young - I used to think he was crap... now I think he is utter sh!te.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

509426.jpg

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Funnily enough, I also heard him interviewed (for the first and only time) very early this season, after a United game, on the excellent NBC sports coverage over here, and also found him very thoughtful, a student of the game, and with a good head on his shoulders.

(I've tried to watch our games here through NBC when possible - it's very good isn't it? I'd love to hear more of Graeme Le Saux in general, proving you don't have to be an Opinionator-3000 to be an educated and interesting listen. His appearance on the Quickly Kevin podcast is a particular highlight. Do check it out.)

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I used to think Pardew was a complete bellend, but when he did that dance in the FA cup final, I had a sudden realisation Alan Pardew is just an innocent little child with major behavioural issues, living in an adult body. I wish him all the best and good on football to give him a role in life. Toghether!

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Wow. Brings a different light to the bloke and his mental staminer to go through what he went through and to get where he is. Fair play to him,

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patreon
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
(I've tried to watch our games here through NBC when possible - it's very good isn't it? I'd love to hear more of Graeme Le Saux in general, proving you don't have to be an Opinionator-3000 to be an educated and interesting listen. His appearance on the Quickly Kevin podcast is a particular highlight. Do check it out.)

For me, Lee Dixon is very good. insightful and can be quite funny and takes the piss out of Le Saux. Who, give him his due,, gives it back:)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here