Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] WC: Tunisia v England

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The refereeing has been terrible. Don’t mention Neymar getting fouled though as most of NSC think he dives because he’s foreign.

VAR is totally pointless and will therefore be here to stay just to annoy us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was listening to the radio earlier and they were eulogising about how brilliant the reffing had been.........

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
The England of the last four or five major tournaments wouldn't have found a winner there (think Algeria in 2010, Russia and Slovakia in 2016 etc), so that's a positive.

The performance wasn't great bar the first 25 minutes or so, but the refereeing certainly didn't help us. They were a proper dirty team that benefitted from some inexplicable lenience from a supposedly card-happy ref.

Anyway, we're up and running with three points on the board; that's all that matters.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Harry Kane showing why he’s our best and most important player.

Thought we did well

Thought he did well!!!?

He's pure class! How many chances did our other players have. Kane meanwhile, two chances, two goals, bosh!...game over :)

I know you're a Spurs fan. I'm not, but I love your manager and the players you have there. Even our most exciting defender, Walker, learnt his craft at Spurs.

If we go on to do the unthinkable here, it won't be West Ham what won it, it'll be Spurs :thumbsup:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
pretty good all round. Macguire looks good, and a Dunk clone. All I would change is Walker for Dunk and we're sorted. Walker is a great player, and not a centre half, he's the one square peg in round hole. Otherwise they were all pretty good tonight

bhaseeer

Aug 29, 2017
Really poor 2nd half.....no ideas....no smart passing, no decent moves.....can't one touch pass.......can't switch play from left to right quickly.

No metal - limp confidence, no real men in the team.

All like Southgate really - feminised.

Will get knocked out 2nd round, and Belgium will tear us a new one straight down the middle - we have no real centre midfield.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Henderson played well, if ignoring Keown being on his case in commentary.

Agree, to give Dier and Rose a go, with Rashford over Sterling. Match experience too.
Anyone but Sterling to be honest. He really should not be playing for England.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
:lolol:

He always reminds me of Neil out of The Inbetweeners.

Reminds me of Neil out of the young ones neil.jpg

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Anyone but Sterling to be honest. He really should not be playing for England.

This. Playing for Citeh makes him look a lot better than he is. Please lets have Rashford, or even Vardy in his starting place on Sunday.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Really poor 2nd half.....no ideas....no smart passing, no decent moves.....can't one touch pass.......can't switch play from left to right quickly.

No metal - limp confidence, no real men in the team.

All like Southgate really - feminised.

Will get knocked out 2nd round, and Belgium will tear us a new one straight down the middle - we have no real centre midfield.

Very harsh. There is an element of truth in your analysis, but Tunisia were playing such a spoiling game, it was hard to get any flowing game going.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here