Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] WC: Tunisia v England

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Loftus-Cheek was super, like to withdraw your stupid comment?

I think he realised he wasn't a Palace player anymore at about the same time as me; i.e. when he started playing well.

Comment withdrawn and your childlike lack of punctuation fixed! :wink:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Lingaard was gash, banjo and cow's arse spring to mind.

Lingard was Ashley Barnes. In the right place at the right time over and over again. Missed the chances but will score if he keeps playing like this.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
Kane, Lingard, Rashford and RLC are technically better than players we’ve used previously

Kane maybe but Rashford is still fairly green and Lingard is overrated and did not have a good game. I think we have have better squads over the years than this squad.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
An hour on from final whistle and signing out from NSC for the day.

My emotion is very non-Corinthian, as I'm elated that we beat a bunch of cheating cntz with their pal the corrupt ref.

Well said, the cheating dirty ******** got their Kane Karma in the end.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
I enjoyed that far more than watching England in previous tournaments and loved it when that deserved winner went in.

This is a different and much better squad and the nature of that winner will give us massive confidence. I fully expect us to trounce Panama, beat Belgium and go a long way in this tournament.

Kane, Lingard, Rashford and RLC are technically better than players we’ve used previously but also have much more confidence in themselves at this level and are not afraid like the previous generations.

I hope we start with that front four as I really believe they could do some damage.

I didn’t want Southgate to get the job at the time but he’s won me over. He believes in this squad and vice versa - it’s really showing - we would not have won that game under the last few managers.

I believe!

You are joking aren't you? We were playing Tunisia not Brazil! First half deserved to be a couple up and, we should be. Second half poor but got what we deserved in the end. Lingard 😂 Southgate 'win you over' 😂 Easily pleased or what!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Kane first man to score 2 goals in one world cup match for 28 years and only rates 7.09 out of 10 on BBC fans rating poll.

Some people need to get real. Kane is our best striker since Lineker and he saved our bacon. 9/10 from me, Trippier superb for an inexperienced player, Henderson stood out too.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Kane first man to score 2 goals in one world cup match for 28 years and only rates 7.09 out of 10 on BBC fans rating poll.

Some people need to get real. Kane is our best striker since Lineker and he saved our bacon. 9/10 from me, Trippier superb for an inexperienced player, Henderson stood out too.

Kane reminds me of the days when England scraped wins thanks to Shearer always being at the right place at the right time. Kane really is the teams most vital player. As for Dele Ali, I think he's England's most overrated player. He just throws himself to ground whenever it comes to needing some skill. He's the new Jenas, average. Wilshere is miles better.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Happens all the time.. Remember Fergie Time?
I remember Fergie putting pressure on 4th officials to make sure time wasting was added on etc (when they were behind) and a dominant Utd who scored more than their share of goals in the dying minutes. But those timings shouldn't apply to what we've seen at the WC so far. Standard games are getting an extra 5 minutes for nothing, then we get an extra 3 when there was actual reason for some stoppage time.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
For all our decent build-up play in the first half, our finishing has been embarrassing. If we could finish properly we'd be winning, penalty decisions or not.
If every team could create the chances we did, and finish them, they'd all be scoring a hat-full. So what? It's still fair to complain when basic decisions are given against us. It's daft to say we shouldn't complain just because some of our strikers aren't very good (Lingard)

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Kane reminds me of the days when England scraped wins thanks to Shearer always being at the right place at the right time. Kane really is the teams most vital player. As for Dele Ali, I think he's England's most overrated player. He just throws himself to ground whenever it comes to needing some skill. He's the new Jenas, average. Wilshere is miles better.

Ali may well be overrated but Wilshere miles better :facepalm:

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Ali may well be overrated but Wilshere miles better :facepalm:

Wilshere should definitely have been in the squad. He's the only Englishman who can do what he can do. Put Dele Ali and Wilshere in the Spain team and it'll be Wilshere who looks most comfortable. Dele Ali clearly isn't technically as gifted as Wilshere. Wilshere hasn't been selected because of his fitness and lack of 1st team football. Not because of his ability

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Wilshere should definitely have been in the squad. He's the only Englishman who can do what he can do. Put Dele Ali and Wilshere in the Spain team and it'll be Wilshere who looks most comfortable. Dele Ali clearly isn't technically as gifted as Wilshere. Wilshere hasn't been selected because of his fitness and lack of 1st team football. Not because of his ability

Think there is more to it that that, think he’s an utter clam as well.

I’m not sure Southgate wanted him around

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
Crikey looking at this thread you would have thought we had just lost. Considering there were a lot of debutant s out there I thought the team did well.Delli Alli been slated on here and he set up a couple of chances lingard hit the post and I see people are slating Maguire who set the 2nd goal up.As for sterling not his best game but deserves one more game.i think Southgate will stick with the same side.yes it was against a weaker world cup side but you can only beat what's put in front of you and time will tell how good this side are.job done for the 1st game can t ask for anymore a win is a win

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton

He has been fit and playing for Arsenal, if that was the case why bring Rose and Welbeck? Its more that he has a potential of being injuired by a well aimed tackle on his angle for me.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Plays wide for City but Southgate plays a different formation and so tries to fit Sterling in by playing him central. He's great out wide but very poor in the middle.

Sterling looks very ineffective when he plays down the flanks which showed today. I have been impressed with him when he's playing through the middle. He at times looks very Hazardesque running through the middle. He needs to do it more.

:catfight:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Crikey looking at this thread you would have thought we had just lost. Considering there were a lot of debutant s out there I thought the team did well.Delli Alli been slated on here and he set up a couple of chances lingard hit the post and I see people are slating Maguire who set the 2nd goal up.As for sterling not his best game but deserves one more game.i think Southgate will stick with the same side.yes it was against a weaker world cup side but you can only beat what's put in front of you and time will tell how good this side are.job done for the 1st game can t ask for anymore a win is a win

I agree with you, first game at a world cup with all the build up and waiting, always a tough one, as other sides have already found. Thought our play first half was better than expectations, and only nervous panicky strikes stopped us from running riot. I actually thought Maguire did well, second half he was doing his bit to get in front and get the ball moving forwards quickly.

Trippier was a bit of a revelation in that position, very impressed. Got to say, I just can't see that Stirling has enough awareness of the game around him, caught in possession when he should know a defender is right behind him, failing to release the ball when a team mate is in space. He does some good things, but I just don't think his football brain engages as others do - 2nd half he went off I felt because he didn't seem to realise we needed to speed the game up. Alli seemed well involved in the first half with a lot of our play, but did fade badly in the second.

Lotus-Cheek and Rashford did enough to suggest they should both start the next game, and it would be 2 from Sterling / Alli / Lingard to make way for me.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Lingaard was gash, banjo and cow's arse spring to mind.

It thought finishing wise you’re bang on but in general play I thought he did well. Only Sterling had a shocker in my book.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here